Solution of Firo Price (Parallel Assets like or Redenomination?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coinjournal.net/news/10-best-privacy-coins-in-2022/amp/

Not sure why this author place Firo in the 10th place. This author places other lesser known coins above Firo. The general market perception still dont put Firo as top tier privacy coin.

1 Like

To be clear we aren’t deviating from privacy. We are a privacy coin but my personal idea is to make Firo also privacy infrastructure for other chains. Let me rephrase it, privacy ‘payments’ may not be enough so we are thinking of expanding the use case of privacy technology.

Spark research is complete and focus is now on deploying Spark and building the ecosystem around it to use the technology such as Helsing, private masternode staking and Spats, Spark assets that allow asset transfers that hide asset types.

Parallel assets do not improve privacy BUT, it makes Firo available on other chains and increases the opportunity to have liquidity on various DEXes while maintaining bridges into their ecosystems. So it improves Firo’s UTILITY.

4 Likes

Actually very few privacy coins offer smart contracts. No privacy coins use parallel assets. I’m not sure why Flux is listed as a privacy coin actually since it doesn’t have those features.

Only a handful allow bridging of other tokens into their ecosystem that is done well.

3 Likes

Thanks for your info, Reuben!

1 Like

我也支持小面额,当然前提是这个币也要是最优秀的。在优秀的前提下把币值稀释到小面值,这样确实能吸引到我,当然还有更多的人,因为感觉花很少的钱,而不需动用家里更多的储蓄就能屯一些优秀的币种,这是谁都留意做的,期待更多优秀且实用的建议。

Parallel assets should be good. Firo should make its privacy features easy to use for all people and make privacy seamless just like HTTPS and private mode in web browsers

1 Like

Most people dont care about privacy. Thats a sad truth. They just wanted ease of use. Privacy infrastructure for all should be a target for Firo.

2 Likes

I understand the comment on saying that Firo is not deviating from privacy. The point that I was trying to emphasise was that the market cycle is nowhere near a privacy narrative. So project proposals with the intension of pumping would need to fit the current market cycle thus deviating from privacy and turning the project into something else. Of course this comes across as it being a binary thing but I wrote it like that to make people think what they are exactly proposing and how it fits the narrative of the project and where it would take the project from there and how it could be used as a stepping stone for the project in future endeavours.
Furthermore the word choice of privacy coin may not have been correct, a better word would have been privacy protocol. I think that the majority of the community would be in an agreement when the project would not be an exclusive payment coin but expands and adds different utilities where privacy is a core tenant.

My question in regards to different utilities would be on which layer would you expect that to take place. Would that be base chain or would that be through a layer? I am not a technical person so my input would be abysmal but wouldn’t having different utilities on the base chain just bloat the chain? In this case parallel assets.
My other input in regards to parallel assets, and I may not be fully able to express this idea, would be that you need to know the amounts right? So how would this be possible when we can’t see the amounts on the chain? Wouldn’t that increase the attack vector?

1 Like

parallel assets are less appealing. They are interesting as an incentive to create bridging infrastructure and immediate liquidity. But there is a convenience cost, and a ‘project purity’ cost.
However from what I understand they do not dilute value. In a similar way when there is a stock split, existing share holders have 2x as many shares to makeup for being 2x less scarce.

Personally though, the Thorchain integration sounds appealing. From my perspective it isn’t just a bridge if Firo itself offers utility to other Crypto/Rune users. If Thorchain becomes big and widely used like Uniswap for example. It raises awareness of Firo and makes Firo within reach of a large user base.

2 Likes

will a fee be charged for these parallel assets?

1 Like

The fees earned from moving those parallel assets would only be on their respective chains so technically there’s no value accrual to Firo’s main chain itself.

The value is integrating into those ecosystems and enjoying liquidity and functionality there.

But the more I think about it, the more I think we should be improving the user experience of Firo and building our ecosystem to make it fun to use and easy to swap to other chains be it via FiroDex or something like that rather than vastly changing our tokenomics to support parallel assets.

3 Likes

I don’t like these parallel assets, it does not seem a good way to get visibility and improve our own blockchain.

2 Likes

I think that only if we are comparable with XMR and ARRR, will we succeed so:

1. Make it private by default on third-party wallets.
  2. Make the using of Firo as simple as possible.

Make the coin attractive to the Crypto Vigilante.

We already have better privacy technology.

5 Likes

how would be make the price for FIRO go to fair price.
the points that I think affect current price is:

• use cases of coin is not exist.
  • increase in supply over 6 years from 3M coin price was 170$ now 13M coin price is 3$.
  • cost to mine is low.
  • cost of master node per month is low its just 5$ per month.

and to reverse effect of this points:

• try to find product that make use case for FIRO.
  • decrease emission supply like what happened in Etheruem.
  • make mining more expensive will have bad effect on project spread.
  • increase cost of master node will have bad effect on project spread.

I hope we find solution to this price issue.

1 Like

中国大陆的所以F粉们真的很希望鲁本先生能重视Firo的价格问题,这需要提上工作日程来解决,这是对Firo最好的让全球所以人认识的唯一动力和机会。@鲁本

1 Like

I have no control over the price ffs. Also stop looking to me for this. Should I take a step back?

5 Likes

后退一步是为了更进一步,老大你不觉得是这样吗?