Should I take a step back?

Or maybe you can’t wait for Ruben to step back so you can take a step forward or his place?

I refer to your words, you take it personal(emotional) and then speak about me as if I want to scratch his name. You seem immature. No offense just calling a duck a duck not everything is about you my friend.

1 Like

Let’s not start fighting, please. Let’s calm down - Zen has his convictions for what and how he posted as much as you do, as well as everyone else here. No need for us to resort to antagonizing each other or pointing fingers. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re funny about it: Reuben’s name is indeed Reuben and not Ruben as you persist in calling him (you don’t know his name, you scratch his name).

1 Like

Hi Dinkblitz, I agree. Peace to all.

2 Likes

Enough. ZCoin agreed to stop, please do the same.

2 Likes

Ahh, I see. Noted. Simple misspell, not a big deal so long as everyone understands who I’m referring to.

So… What’s Zen …?

1 Like

Henceforth to be in line with FIRO’s privacy mechanism I shall be now called Ru-burn. :ok_hand::wink:

19 Likes

I vote for what this guy says. Specifically the

The community DOES NOT have all the answers, most consumers don’t know what they want before they want it.

8 Likes

Thank you for doing all that you do Ru-burn :slight_smile:

Without you, I would have sold my coins. I continue to buy a little bit more here and there when I can…

6 Likes

You need to do what’s best for your well being, physically and mentally. That said, I think you are a significant asset to Firo and that whatever level of involvement works for you is a plus. Not knowing what kind of feedback you’re getting or from who, I would only suggest taking any feedback you’re getting personally with a huge grain of salt. Is it from long term contributors who have historically been level-headed or people who are new (or at least newly vocal)? etc. etc. Emotions are running high and many are fighting hard for short-term personal self-interest so please factor that in when making your plans re: future level of involvement.

4 Likes

Reubs if you go away, firo is doomed.
we all believe in your work since 2016

take a great breath, innovate. And sometimes you need to go down to rise again.

5 Likes

I think that should be the case for any cryptocurrency that’s in the spirit of what bitcoin originally stood for, which is to provide a form of money that isn’t under the influence of anyone or anything powerful enough to be making decisions about what the currency’s future is or influencing its community of users with respect to same.

When I saw that video I referenced in my first post, my first impression was “this guy sounds like he’s the CEO talking about his company”. My opinion is that you, Reuben, probably ought to take a page out of Satoshi’s playbook and let Firo live or die as it may.

One of Firo’s most attractive attributes–and one of its biggest selling points–is that it’s privacy-centric. The way I see it, privacy coins should keep a low profile and ought not have what appear to be spokesmen. On the other hand, if there wasn’t any promotion nobody would even know about Firo. But I guess in the end it isn’t a critical issue for me whether you back off or not. I’m growing a fondness for Firo that’s independent of its community.

2 Likes

I’ve started posting more in this forum to show the considerations of running the project and the realities of it so that we can share the load and we can as a community improve the project. Would be good if people can point out if I have missed something in my opinions.

4 Likes

hey bro you did a great job,don’t go back

2 Likes

退一步的目的是更进一步,而不是放弃,拳头收回来再打出去,不是更有力度吗?支持老大,把我们的Firo市值做上去应该是以后的主要目标,这样才能吸引到更多的全球广大支持者和机构投资者。@鲁本

1 Like

Hey as someone new year but have done some work with Reuben on my interview with him here Reuben Yap From Firo on Battle Hardened, Private Digital Cash | Medium
Can tell you Reuben is a hard dedicated worker.
Sounds to me like Reuben you need a good long sabbatical, my friend. Well deserved too.

6 Likes

You are wise, You know what to do and how to do it 8)
We will see You as a guest in any meeting! Hehehe you’ll do your best, and i like to know that you will have more time for coordination… Thank You!

3 Likes

Dont go, u sound wize and always open, FIRO needs orientation and a face at this point can be a good thing (not later). Price is irrelevant, bigger dumps, bigger opportunities. Quality will always prevail. :+1:

6 Likes

Have you considered submitting your application for committee member.

2 Likes

Tons of blockchain projects failed and are now dead with their coins still listed on coinmarketcap.com due to running out of fund just for operations, don’t even think about research or creating new tech improvement (like what we are doing right now). The fact that we are at this stage, alive and progressing, achieving essential milestones, can not be separated from Reuben’s role. Name some important and famous figure in the space, I don’t think they can do as good as what Reuben has done even though he is not as famous as them. Actually I think becoming the face of the project is one thing, but directing strategic moves for the project is another thing. It’s good that some leader can get both but it’s not necessary, directing strategic moves is more important because it influence whether the project will die or alive. I still believe that Reuben is the best person to steward Firo and direct the project moves, but doesn’t mean he has to be the face of the project if he is not comfortable.

13 Likes