FCS Proposal - Firo 3-Month Trial Marketing Contract

Hey guys, so I just caught up on this thread and I have some comments I would like to make in response to some of the statements made. I think Ajay and Vosto have done fine with what they have said, so I will only be replying with things I think are important that hasn’t been covered.

First and foremost, people do buy merch. You may not, but like all things, just because you don’t or won’t, does not mean that “no one” will. In fact, hoodies has been the most requested merch item so far, so the very fact that there would be an option would probably result in sales. Not that THAT is the main target with such things but instead the passive marketing from them.

As for the value of the work, I don’t see how you can possibly judge the value of the work as a whole without even seeing the completion of the work. I would understand not being pleased with something about the work and even providing valid criticisms, as we with BobbyBoy101 who suggested making FungibleFlame stand out better. Judging all of it this early on is sorta like judging the whole of a conversation before even letting someone finish their first sentence. As for the cost of this, I feel as though if you think this is expensive for everything being offered, you may not have a good grasp about how much this sorta stuff costs. This sort of work in this space is not cheap. He even explains what this breaks down to on an hourly basis in the original proposal, and this amount is covering their team.

“Build a dark market” No. While we cannot control how YOU use Firo, we cannot control what services someone offers to utilize Firo, etc. The core team, and the project itself, cannot and will not create something so explicitly against the law. It would put the project as a whole in jeopardy, and that is unacceptable. If you wish to create it, we can’t do anything about that.

“Chatgpt would probably be more effective and efficient and free.” I would greatly disagree with this. While AI is fast, powerful, and great in a lot of ways, it is still a long shot from being on par with a human in any regard. It consistently gets information wrong - especially about crypto. An example of this shortcoming:

“Firo is a privacy-preserving cryptocurrency that was created in 2016. It is based on the Monero codebase and uses a number of privacy-enhancing technologies, including RingCT, Kovri, and Lelantus.
Firo is designed to be both private and decentralized. RingCT hides the amounts of cryptocurrency being sent, Kovri hides the IP addresses of senders and receivers, and Lelantus makes it difficult to track transactions over time.”

This is an answer I received asking for info about Firo.

Even that aside, marketing, branding, etc requires emoting, creativity, adaptability, understanding of culture and perspectives, etc. I can definitely imagine ChatGPT would be good at outlining things, potentially idea generating, etc, but it is in no way capable of replacing the foot work the human has to do. I don’t even think it could create a consistent theme for all the things Vosto is trying to do.

3 Likes

I’ve done more than my share. Unappreciated as it was. I wasn’t paid to do it either.

You are a hired hand, no? Being paid as well.

Yes, I am paid to be the English Community Manager, although it extends past that these days. I have to continuously make proposals to continue being the English CM. What’s your point? Since I am paid for my time, therefore everything I have said is incorrect or particularly biased? Which part? Is there is no point in which I am also a community member?

My position has no inkling on Vosto or his proposal. Or the CFC. I was not required to write a post. In fact, as I’m sure you’ll find by scrolling through this thread you can see, this is the first time I have posted in this thread. I’ve never even spoken to Vosto before.

Since you are a paid employee I really don’t think that you should be weighing in on important matters.

My post was not addressed to Vosto, his proposal, or the CFC. I have made no post previous in support of, or against, his proposal or prior to, or post, the decision by the CFC. My post was directed to statements, by community members such as yourself.

There is no reason I cannot do that.

Absolutely there is a reason. It is called conflict of interest.

Agree to disagree. I will continue to state my opinions, or provide counter arguments until otherwise expressed by the team or the CFC.

You’re more than welcome to disregard my counter arguments if you feel there is a conflict of interest. :smiling_face:

Anyone who is paid to be a community member is not really a community member.
You are a paid employee.

So like the other guy, i will vote with my firo.

I am not paid to be a community member. I am paid to be a community manager. I am a community member and personally invested in Firo of my own choosing.

Since it seems that you’re suggesting you’re gonna sell your Firo, I am sorry to hear that and hope you will reconsider. I think that’s a bit extreme, but ultimately only you can choose what is best for you.

2 Likes

No, there is no differentiation. A paid employee is a paid employee.
Yes Firo has been in a death spiral for years now. Part of the problem is that people, like you, are being paid. Masquerading as someone who cares. What happens when the cash stops? Obviously you will go away.

Prove me wrong. The project is hurting direly now, struggling to pay the bills. Renounce your salary and I will believe what you say.

A conflict of interest would be more if this was about a Firo project itself. This project was voted in by our CFC which is voted in by community members, which @DinkBlitz has no pull on and could have only served to be .7% of. Dink is an employee and doesn’t hide it. Obviously a happy employee would pitch what they like about their project over something negative. That being said everyone has a right to an opinion no matter who they are, even if it was Reuben’s opinion it would still be valid.

Personally I would get something like hoodie 3 or 5 and sticker 2, which I think is what this whole post was about… getting opinions… before all the hate was brought in.

But I can also agree that the quality needs to be “as advertised” that Firo logo on the back and front would NEED to be stitched on in some way (The back on hoodies like this tends to be a tag and from embroidered) and not just another decal. The items NEED to be high quality, otherwise whats the point. When my fiance and I rock mock-up3, I want us to be able to do so for 5 - 7 years easily! So we can be running V1 VOSTO_firo hoodies over V2 or V3 (a prestige thing). Ill also agree that the funds proposed should cover more than just concepts… Next 3 should be on the same bill… research is free always…

Disregard the hate @VOSTOEMISIO, this stuff is great, just needs to be refined a bit for FIRO and quality locked!

@FanaticalFishing peace! wish you well! won’t say ill miss you and i think you’re a pos coming in just to spread hate :kiss: I’ll buy your votes :smiley:

1 Like

OK, I have thirty nodes.
Ready to buy them?

omg yes 100% sell

please

You said that you would buy them

oh i will, 100%! i promise!
sell them market price Chad

Still waiting Dinky, will you renounce your salary?

Please remain on topic for the thread. I understand it’s easy to get off track, but let’s get back on track. :slight_smile:

1 Like