FCS Proposal - Firo 3-Month Trial Marketing Contract

CFC members’ feedbacks

7th April 2023

Diego Rehrar (10:01 am)

If I may, I’d prefer to see something a bit more off the beaten path. This looks to me to be a bit…generic.

Firo Chan Reuben (10:02 am)

I gave Vosto some feedback, some I like, others I am on the fence about so would love CFC feedback as this is a CFC-funded project.

Fiend Ish (10:41 am)

I had already given feedback on the smtf assets in pm. I like them how they have been presented tbh. To @rehrar point. Unless we plan to invoke humor i.e., instead of regular or Roblox people illustrated in the ‘community meeting’ we have masked privacy super hero apes instead. I would rather not stray too far from generic. Do you have any specific artistic direction you’d like to see? Anyway, outside of that, I like simple as it’s timeless.

Firo Chan Reuben (10:42 am)

I think it’s more of a distinctive look rather than the composition itself.

Fiend Ish (10:57 am)

Well, how far can @VOSTOEMISIO go with color schemes and looks etc. before it conflicts with current branding. Right now, Ron Burgundy is kind the personification of Firo’s look/color.

Devwarrior (11:06 am)

Simple is good. For me personally and do not take this the wrong way: I see little value in any trad marketing.

Vosto Emisio (11:07 am)

Thanks for your feedback! I apologize for my ignorance but what do you mean by “trad marketing”? traditional marketing, I assume?

Devwarrior (11:07 am)

Yes.

Vosto Emisio (11:11 am)

Gotcha, thanks. How would you communicate progress and launches such as Spark, without marketing? I am just curious and would like to hear your PoV.

Devwarrior (11:12 am)

Community using sm tweeting etc. Includes official sm channels.

Firo Chan Reuben (11:13 am)

I’m confused, these graphics are for our sm.

Devwarrior (11:14 am)

Traditional has to prove more reach.

Vosto Emisio (11:14 am)

yeah, would this only be text-based, @Dev_Warrior?

Firo Chan Reuben (11:16 am)

One of the mistakes we make (including myself) is we all look for that “silver bullet” in marketing. Most of the time it is a combination of factors. How the website and materials look, exposure on websites, public figures, the message and ethos and the actual product itself.

Even from the comments in the forum, you see ppl talking about ‘wen marketing’ seeing it as a singular thing to do. (Pay influencers etc.)

Devwarrior (11:16 am)

I think the twitter Algo upgrades you for pics but any pics according to the Algo snippets released by Elon and others. Yes (replying to Firo Chan Reuben 11:16 am).

Firo Chan Reuben (11:16 am)

@Dev_Warrior I mean what does traditional media have to do with vosto’s work which is designed to be for digital and social. The assets are meant to be used for our sm postings and accompany our releases and announcements and is more to establish a base feel.

Devwarrior (11:18 am)

The concept of branding.

Fiend Ish (11:19 am)

@VOSTOEMISIO Take a look at Odysee. Maybe others will agree or perhaps not. I think they did a good job of humorous branding. Obviously given their name etc. it’s easier to do.

Again, if I had my way, Firo would be called Mint as there are a lot of marketing angles. Maybe some are more UK-centric though to have universal appeal. A few samples.

Devwarrior (11:19 am)

This effort was voted on before my time. You asked for feedback. I like the artwork.

Firo Chan Reuben (11:20 am)

The feedback is on how to improve Vosto’s work since it already has been approved not whether we should do it at all. They still are relevant even in SM, to establish that consistency of look and feel. However, that is my main issue with the current designs. in that, it lacks an identity. As Fiendish posted you can see Odysee’s identity clearly. Style, color, motives, and recurring themes.

Devwarrior (11:21 am)

True. Like old stakey ones on decred.

Firo Chan Reuben (11:24 am)

For eg, the previous SM images we used, while I agree they lacked punch, it had a consistent style, color and branding, and identity. Of course, both are important. Punchiness and brand identity.

Vosto Emisio (11:24 am)

I think the character/mascot helps a lot to package the branding of Odysee. We will revise the assets with this in mind.

Fiend Ish (11:26 am)

It sure does. Tbh Firo is kind of hard from that perspective. Maybe you can surprise us though!

Vosto Emisio (11:30 am)

So, what are we thinking? Ninja fox? Armored knight fox?

Fiend Ish (11:35 am)

Just an idea. Could use any animal etc. I guess. Anything but the bird. Bird isn’t charismatic or badass.

Vosto Emisio (11:38 am)

We will think of something, a fox might be too cliché.

Sproxet (12:10 pm)

I like the YouTube branding, but the other two seem a bit generic.

The animal suggestion can use phoenix, Nirvana rebirth, firo has undergone a name change, it is suitable to use phoenix metaphor.

2 Likes

浴火重生

p/s: The above wordings are chinese character that represents rebirth after bathed in fire (destruction).

1 Like

Yes. Rebirth, let us return to the king, back to the height of the past, back to everyone’s vision.

3 Likes

I love your idea. Rebirth of a legend and symbolise for self breakthrough and aspiring greater heights to become a better self than before.

3 Likes

Have our “existing projects and design work in progress, including the WIP website, Firo wallets, broadcasting branding assets, and other related communication action efforts” been evaluated like it said it would be in the first month roadmap? Where can I read these evaluations? Are they available?

1 Like

The one month hasn’t completed yet! @Kayz you need to post the PDF too or else it doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

@Kayz already posted the PDF.

I wanted the feedback from the “Evaluate existing projects and design work in progress, including the WIP website, Firo wallets, broadcasting branding assets, and other related communication efforts.” These questions that VostoEmisio proposed to answer within the first month of the contract have not been answered yet. If we don’t know the things that aren’t working for us, how can we fix them?

2 Likes

Yes, I meant the deliverable is meant to be at the end of the first month. The first month has not ended yet and he is also responding to feedback from the CFC.

I really appreciate your concern and eagerness for feedback and to help making this proposal a success! We are working hard on refining the branding proposal based on the received feedback from our first draft. Kindly give us some more time to develop the assets and a character that truly embodies and enhances Firo’s brand identity. We look forward to presenting our ideas to you as soon as they are ready for review :)!

I apologize to you and @reuben I didn’t realize that the first month had not ended.

1 Like

Latest update from Vosto Emisio

Phase 1 Character Building Vosto.pdf (694.2 KB)

Hey all!

Introducing the Firo Fox - Attached is a PDF file showcasing our new Firo Fox visualization. This character has been designed to strengthen our brand identity and appeal to a wider audience. Please read the description inside of the PDF in order to understand the versatile use of it as the mascot of Firo.

We would greatly appreciate your valuable feedback on the design and any suggestions for improvement. Your input is vital to ensuring the success of this new branding element.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Feedbacks

12th April 2023

Firo Chan Reuben (04:07 pm)

I like the distinctive look and much more approachable! Only worry is that the fox reminds me of metamask a lot.

Vosto Emisio (04:15 pm)

I discussed this with Reuben, I think it’s valuable feedback and greatly appreciate the input! But I do think it looks distinctive and differentiated enough to carry the brand of Firo. We are open to revising the character to another animal in a similar visual style if others share the same sentiment. Looking forward to hearing more feedback from the community.

Ryan Ape Firo Forever (04:24 pm)

I have the same thoughts, it is actually good tho.

Here is my idea for a mascot, I think we should choose something as unique to Firo as we can.
Let me know what you guys think.

5 Likes

CFC members’ latest feedback

13th April 2023

In response to @Fiendish idea of a mascot.

Devwarrior (09:34 pm)

I think it is the right direction. I am not artistic enough to improve on it but as I say I do like the direction.

Fiend Ish (09:39 pm)

@devwarrior Well that’s where @VOSTOEMISIO should be able to give it more polish and have it looking nice.

Vosto Emisio (09:43 pm)

We can make this nice, it’s a solid proposal. If we get a majority approval or even a consensus we will move forward with this idea.

Rehrar Diego Salazar (09:43 pm)

I say worth a shot.

Sproxet (09:50 pm)

I like this.

Kristy-Leigh Minehan – Ex-CFC alumni (12:06 am)

Nice job @Fiendish

14th April 2023

Nrsimha (01:22 am)

Big yes from me

Firo Chan Reuben (09:19 pm)

Btw none of these from me are serious suggestions. Just throwing out ideas and for shiggles.

Vosto Emisio (10:56 am)

It’s awesome to be part of such an engaged and committed community! We will proceed with @Fiendish concept. Please give us some time to develop a polished and appealing draft!

Devwarrior (02:42 pm)

A mascot yes. A little less on the child-like end of the spectrum is my feeling.

Sproxet (02:51 pm)

I like Funigt Fung Feinge Fiude. They’re all pretty cute though.

Fiend Ish (05:49 pm)

My only thoughts are to try and keep it simple, and something that can easily be adapted/used in memes. I have to say I agree with @devwarrior so more playstation than Nintendo imo. i.e., Doge is still fun but can also be more grown up.

1 Like

Newest update

With an eye toward excellence, Vosto eagerly received and thoughtfully considered feedback and suggestions from CFC members. Moving forward, Vosto will incorporate @Fiendish concept and kindly requests a bit of time to refine and polish the draft, ensuring it is as engaging and impactful as possible.

Thank you!

1 Like

The proposal time is almost a month old. How is the marketing plan going now? I haven’t seen the latest progress in ten days

1 Like

Hey!

The marketing plan is progressing smoothly, and we have successfully established the foundation for the refreshed design. After extensive iterations and discussions with the CFC and Core, we have also finalized the mascot, Fungible Flame.

Currently
We are working on creating additional assets specifically for Twitter and updating the show assets for the SMTF-show based on the refreshed design and mascot.

Additionally, this morning I reached out to the community on Telegram, seeking their input on our next priorities. I asked for guidance on whether we should focus on:

• Reviewing the work-in-progress website,
  • Creating marketing materials for Spark or
  • Address any other areas that need attention.

Feel free to chime in with your opinion!

//VOSTO

2 Likes

A month, this marketing will start from what point.

Just so folks know, conceptual work has begun, and things like creative direction are still being decided.
Updates can be found on CFC channel, although not all progress is public yet.