Build FIRO voting system

I can not imagine how people can sell FIRO at this low prices with such high quantities of it.

3 Likes

There are a lot of factors that could influence a digital asset price on the market. It’s not merely business, but politics does involves too sometimes. We have numbers of reference we could learn from regarding voting and governance. This is science, and any discussion surrounding this topic should be equiped with some basic understanding of the thought of Montesquieu, John von Neumann, etc. Hence, we actually think it might be a good thing to create some kind of examination test to essamble experts to formulate the most suited voting system on Firo network. We could allocate a part of the community fund for this purpose as well perhaps. Should the core team and majority of community members believes it is an urgent and important thing to address.

4 Likes

Facts:
1.Under Reuben leadship From 2017 to Now,FIRO Price decline from $120 to $1 in 5 years ,proved that Reuben’s ideas and decisions were all wrong;
2.Under Reuben leadership, the privacy blockchain project become a company entity (Except not responsible for owner’s equity of long-term holders). Founders, managers, developers, community administrators and propagandists all become employees of the FIRO company.
3.Under Reuben leadership, Use development funds to establish an authoritarian and highly centralized organization. It’s the biggest joke about privacy blockchain.
4.Reuben controls the right to use the development funds, influence the core team to implement his Wrong ideas and decisions (confirmed by the falling down market-cap,marketcap drop down to below rank 600 compared Zcash rank 40);
5.Under Reuben leadership, Who can make it clear that how many are true FIRO long-term holders, how many are troublemakers and how many are enemies behind the forum IDs ? or Hide behind forum ID, do everything to destroy Firo in the name of privacy.(Can Reuben get rid of the doubt that how many IDs are your spokesmen and how many are water army & paid posters ?)

What should We do?
1.Establish a FIRO holding voting mechanism through the masternodes.
2.Only the master node with a duration of more than 1 year has the right to vote, and one masternode one vote.
(How to define “The duration more than 1 year”: the masternode must continues to operate and never stops halfway; Once stopped or interrupted, regrdless of any reason, lost the right to vote, it must be recounted for continuous operation for 1 year)
3.In the forum, only the owner of the masternode can open the voting thread.
4.All votes thread must be approved by more than 50% of the vote.
5.Major decisions, such as tail emissions, must be agreed by more than 80% of the vote.

What are the benefits of doing so?
1.Establish a clear property right responsibility system.
2.Increasing FIRO holding and locking in the masternodes and reducing dumping in the market, conducive to stabilizing FIRO prices.
3.Now the FIRO price is very very very low,incredibly low, own one masternode for only $1000-1500. It is very very very friendly for the so-called small investors in the forum to establish one or more masternodes.
4.Because of the establishment of a correct voting mechanism, long-term depositors are no longer afraid that their rights and interests will be damaged by dictators or fools in the forum.
5.The last buyers of privacy coins are those who hold them for a long long time; The greatest value of privacy coin is to store wealth, second privacy payment.
Only long-term depositors who do not worry about the harm of their wealth will store more and more money into FIRO. Finally, they become large depositors own many masternoders will determine the price of their own FIRO. This is natural self feedback and positive feedback.
Only Rich man need to hide their wealth in privacy blockchain;People without bank deposits, not even have $1000-3000 to buy one or more masternoders ,they are not the target group of Firo at all.

Now ,For the small investors in the forum, you are in a completely unequal and absolute dominant position compared to the giant whale you stigmatized; You only need to spend one tenth (Firo longterm holders buy $10) or even one percent (Zcoin holders buy $100) of the money to establish a masternode.

Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day.

6 Likes

1.Under Reuben leadship From 2017 to Now,FIRO Price decline from $120 to $1 in 5 years ,proved that Reuben’s ideas and decisions were all wrong;

I don’t see it as proof, and if you look objectively what development team done is quite remarkable.

If you have such strong accusations, can you give few examples of what better decisions you would make (other than masternode voting)?

• Would you for example kept broken Zerocoin protocol instead of building Lelantus and Lelantus Spark or would you not put any energy in Chainlocks?
  • Or would you instead of Instant send just propose “delayed send”, so every transaction will take 12 hours instead of few second?
  • Would you not propose Lelantus dead switch for when protocol is new, so in case of finding critical vulnerability hackers would be able to completely destroy who Firo?
  • Would you not want to have first class cryptographers work on the project and instead of just hope that privacy protocol evolves itself?
  • Would you be against MTP striping. Would you prefer instead of 4GB blockchain size something like 60+GB?

:wink:

4.All votes thread must be approved by more than 50% of the vote .
5.Major decisions , such as tail emissions, must be agreed by more than 80% of the vote .

Who decides what is major decisions? Will there be with any vote, also other vote to find if it is consider major decision?

4.Because of the establishment of a correct voting mechanism, long-term depositors are no longer afraid that their rights and interests will be damaged by dictators or fools in the forum.

Then long-term depositors will be afraid their rights and interests will be damaged by dictators or fools who have more masternodes. Are for example all masternode owners capable to make right decision about technology or would not they have inclination to vote for their own short term interest?

So please share some your ideas which will make Firo price $180 or more. I will like to hear some useful and doable ideas.

2 Likes

Are there more people at the helm who will do things to their detriment than an investor who can’t bear the slightest responsibility? Should a person who doesn’t even own firo be allowed to give his opinion on firo future because he is just a bystander and doesn’t care whether firo is good or bad be allowed to vote on firo decisions?

3 Likes

I think having some proof of ownership is fine but it shouldn’t be the sole determinant or become a only rich can decide thing.

Sure Firo is cheap now but it shouldn’t entrench an elite that is hard to replace if and when it goes up.

I’m curious as to what initiatives in concrete terms that masternode holders would spend on.

1 Like

So, we agree long term holder should be repesetative in decision making and also, team members should have a represetative percentage also.

1 Like

So you think it’s good to have a bunch of people voting without a penny in their pocket? The coin has nothing to do with them. Will they make it better? Would Musk say something nice about Dogecoin if he didn’t have any in his pocket? It’s so simple. Why don’t you get it? I wonder what weird stuff is going on inside your brains.

1 Like

Learn to read. I said having proof of ownership is fine but shouldn’t be the sole determinant.

1 Like

Don’t you feel ashamed to do 5 your list things in 5 years?
In fact, only 2 things (Lelantus + Instant send) add value in FIRO (We think it adds value, but it doesn’t show anything in the capital market, either we are wrong, or the world’s capital is blind),
Others are just making up for past mistakes or fixing bugs and having to deal with crisis events.

5 years of such poor performance, the prime minister and cabinet of any democratic country have been ousted.

Your other doubts, I will think about it before answering you

1 Like

Only doubt I have is that you have solution. :slight_smile:
But maybe you will surprise me with sharing some good ideas.

Sp I am looking forward for your ideas and for your answers to my other questions regarding mn voting.

1 Like

First and foremost, DISCLAIMER: I would like to express that I am speaking for myself PERSONALLY here – what I am about to say is NOT representative of the team or anyone else except for MYSELF.

I’m glad to see a thread was actually made for this rather than hijacking other threads in the forum – I think it would’ve been better if it was fleshed out, but I can also understand that perhaps the intention was for this thread to flesh it out.

I don’t agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread, and since this has taken me a while to get around to it will probably be a bit lengthy.

I don’t agree with the premise of masternode owners being the only Firo holders that should have a say. I could certainly dig a voting system, and one that requires some “proof” of holding, but restricting it to only Firo masternode holders is where I will disagree with the premise – especially since it is built on extensively weak arguments.

First, I can see how the masternode is “cheap” for some, while expensive for others. In this same vein, losses are relative. Let us not pretend simply because someone has less money to invest with means that they will not suffer losses. $3,000 to someone who only makes $30,000 is a significant loss. To someone making a million a year, it is the cost of breakfast. We should not be pushing out those who cannot meet such a window. Not to mention, as Firo goes up in price so does the price of masternodes, which would gatekeep anyone but the filthy rich from becoming voters in the future. That will lead to a detriment to the community and Firo to the whole, not the betterment. If not in the now, most certainly in the future. The barrier to entry is just too much. Why would anyone put any effort into joining a community when they cannot actually participate in it? This will only be good for the fat cats of the now, and any fat cats with the capital to throw in later. The argument that this will ensure only those who care about the project a voice is also a false premise. There are plenty of community members who have been loyal to Firo, who have given time and effort, and who are not masternode holders. To simply cut them out because they are not wealthy is abhorrent. This also assumes every masternode holder has the best interests of the project in mind, or at the very least, that they have their wallets in mind which will directly correlate to the betterment of Firo, which I don’t think is true.

First, those who are interested only in their price and wallets would do anything to fill it or protect it – including throwing anything Firo was built for under the bus and even making it a scam if that meant it got them more money. This also makes the assumption that this isn’t money that the masternode holder considers chump change. There is any number of reasons someone may have invested in a Firo masternode – this does make them superior in any aspect to a regular Firo holder and active community member. This leads to another premise: whales. While I do agree whales are not entirely a bad thing – they can bring good and bad, and they are something Firo and the community must live with – not keep out. However, there are some very bold yet absolutely shaky premises being made in this thread about whales.

The attitude that whales will do what is best because they have “more to lose” is nonsense. Whales lose money all of the time and they couldn’t give a rat’s tuckus. In fact, it is EXPECTED when investing. You’re telling me a fat cat will suddenly drop everything he is doing to panic because he is losing some money he invested? If the whale takes interest in what is going on, he will look out for his best interests – this is true, but this does not mean you or the project are part of those plans. Sure, maybe not all whales are like this, but the argument in this thread is that they should have resounding vote power – and even some have gone as far as saying we should be giving them special treatment to attract them! We already got to see what happens – they do their best to seize as much power for themselves, and when such a person gets his panties in a twist because they didn’t get their way they tried to destroy the project. Hilariously, it seems some brown nosers enjoyed it and beg for that individual again, or for someone else to take their place. I’ll never understand why people like to put such individuals on a pedestal and grovel on all fours before them, but I can probably say many community members are not interested in joining you in doing so. Whales should only ever be fellow community members – not our masters, or us, their serfs.

Regarding “hold time”. I understand the concept of making sure that for such a system to work that there is a time-oriented goal for such people to vote. That being said, that’s probably far harder than anyone here realizes. Not just that, but even if you have such a system come into play – what happens to those who have a fluke? Pose_banned? What if AllNodes has a hiccup? “That sucks. No vote for you, bud.”? If you are to try and work around such things, how do you figure that out? How do you program that? If you have to rely on a person, what keeps them in check?

7 Likes

I agree with everything that DinkBlitz has said. The only thing I’d add is that when a system is put into place it should be Quadratic Voting as has been suggested earlier - it will give everyone a say and temper it with how important the issue is to them, and the amount of tokens they want to use on their vote.

4 Likes

So that sounds like this: “Let the rich people decide things for the poor”. That, to me, goes against every principle of cryptocurrency. Any voting system designed like that will basically do what every current financial system does, which is to keep the rich rich and the poor poor.

All of those masternode owners might be committed to Firo, but you have to assume that they’re always going to vote for what’s in their best interest and not necessarily the best interest of the Firo community at large.

4 Likes

I guess you can’t edit posts here, but I read DinkBlitz’s post after I’d posted above and I just wanted to say I absolutely agree with his line of thinking.

2 Likes

Master nodes holder interest is the interest of project. I do not mind give community and develpers shares in voting because they invested their effort and time in project also and that equal to money.

2 Likes

But what you have now is a group of poor people playing FIRO, and while you keep talking about how technology has become great and great, you don’t see how technology has changed the community, it hasn’t changed anything, it’s all empty talk. You’ve been opposed to allowing the people who hold the master node to vote, to allow a bunch of unrelated people who don’t have any community responsibilities to vote. Fear of being taken over by whales, but from what I’ve seen so far, you look more like the ones who are in control. And it’s not leading us in a better direction, it’s leading us in a worse direction.

4 Likes

Could you please elaborate on the points you have made, specifically:

1. With a voting mechanism, what would be voted on? I personally think that the majority of the Firo holders have no technical background. So what would master node holders vote on?
  2. Would a lockup mechanism like bitcoins op_CheckLockTimeVerify with a minimum lock up of a year be better for the case that you are mentioning? Even if a masternode would go offline the coins would be locked and would still be able to vote. What are your thoughts on something like this?

I would also like to point out some negative sides of your proposal:

1. With this proposal the community will be divided into two factions, the haves and the havenots. The havenots will then be at the mercy of the haves.
  2. Voting through a masternode, masternodes in general, creates an attack vector. One could ddos the masternodes and rig the vote. Mind you this is also how a potential 51% could be performed, I think.

On a side note, I think that voting in general might be bad thing. The vote to create a community fund and slash partial rewards for miners have not resulted in a price increase nor a stabilisation of the price. To me it comes down to that the people who voted and had their votes passed did not buy more Firo because of it. As a matter of fact more people sold and suppressed the price.

1 Like

Yes, have same thought.

Some posts seems like personal attack against Reuben, trying to tell all wrong is his fault, but they are not able to answer what they will do differently (except mastenode voting). So far nobody who tries to push masternode voting here didn’t mentioned any specific things which should be voted for and which will supposedly improve Firo.

2 Likes

Even if master nodes have no technical background but also they invest money in project and they believe in project so, they risk their money. They are not idiots.

2 Likes