Anonymize Wallet QT Firo and Firo Lost, is Hacked?

My QT wallet suddenly anonymized itself and I didn’t open it, then my coin balance became zero,

after I resynced it then became 3,930 firo,

and in the transaction history there were anonymized and sent coins, my mining and masternode results too lost, need immediate help, can I get my firo back?

1 Like

Did you share your seed lately with anyone?

1 Like

I didn’t, its top secret, what do I have to do get back my firo ?

1 Like

Did you have a password set for your wallet?

Have you done a virus scan on your PC?
Download and scan your PC with Hitman Pro.

1 Like

Well, what did you find out?

1 Like

Is your wallet set to view private balances? Check the Send tab bottom left and make sure you are viewing private funds

Also check to see if Auto-Anonymize is enabled. Settings → Options → Wallet Tab

Also if you created your wallet with a passphrase during seed creation you will need to enter in that passphrase. Its essentially a 25th seed word. Otherwise you are loading a wallet with 24 seed words which would not be the same wallet. (This is should be different then you encryption password but might be the same depending on your configuration.)

1 Like

Yes I did, but didn’t find anything

1 Like

I’ve done the steps as you said, but my wallet is getting more confused, the balance has changed and there is a pending status, what should I do?

1 Like

Hi, as mentioned in our conversation in Telegram, someone got a hold of your wallet or seed. They then anonymised and sent out the Firo.

Yes, you got hacked. I’m sorry that this happened to you. You need to find out how this happened and secure your devices.

2 Likes

yes, I have explored firoexplore, in fact they move it from one wallet to another, and it all ends up coming down to one wallet aMgx1gtjJ76naCALQWLXb21zm171n2ESmc

and I was surprised when I saw that wallet was in the first wealth ranking in terms of the number of firo

aMgx1gtjJ76naCALQWLXb21zm171n2ESmc

so, be aware

1 Like

Looks like they sold it on Binance. You will need to make a report with the law enforcement in your country and submit it to Binance so at least something can be done.

3 Likes

That is not a whale, that is Binance’s hot wallet. The hacker deposited the funds to Binance.

3 Likes

Do you know how you got comprimised?

1 Like

I give a 100% answer to what compromised?
Openness! Because thieves first of all look at what and how much they can steal. And then they build a model (algorithm) of how to do it, steal, because they have an incentive, they know what they will get as a result of theft.

That’s why Firo needs Lelantus Spark!
To hide your assets. For this is how people protect what they have acquired, hiding it from the eyes of others.

2 Likes

Not only Frio need Spark. The other coins also need privacy.

2 Likes

This is why i hate using coins that are not on ledger, trezor :frowning:

Can never trust application and malware fully, hw wallet removes some security risks.

Sorry for your loss mate.

1 Like

Learned, Thank you!!!

You literally need a dedicated computer to hold software based hot wallets, preferably a linuxOS that is only used to manage wallets.

1 Like

then is it not safe for Windows and Mac OS?

1 Like

I know there is less viruses for Linux and Mac.

Having a dedicated computer with these OS’s is better than having a dedicated Windows OS PC for hot wallets.

1 Like