Anonymize Wallet QT Firo and Firo Lost, is Hacked?

thief doesn’t care what OS you have if he knows that it’s your crypto account and the main thing is how much in that crypto account

1 Like

As long as you have a password on your wallet, you will be OK if your wallet.dat file gets stolen from your computer.
If your computer gets hacked by malware or remote, they would steal your wallet.dat file and then install a firo wallet and replace their wallet.dat file with the stolen one. If you had a password, they can’t get in.

You are making an assumption that if the thief knows the wallet address and how much is in a wallet by viewing the blockchain, they would just be able to steal the crypto just by this info. That is false.

Like I said, use a dedicated computer with a Linux distro to hold your wallets. Put a password on your wallet. If you reinstall a wallet from a seed, you need to put another password on it. Don’t use this computer for anything other than crypto management. When you shutdown your wallets, encrypt the wallet.dat file. You will have to decrypt when you want to open the wallet back up. But at rest, that file remains encrypted with a second layer.

Another option if you just want to hold crypto and not manage it from a PC based wallet is to use an android phone.
Although with the android wallets you can’t start master nodes.

This wouldn’t be just any old android phone. You should get a pixel phone and install Graphene OS. Then install your opensource wallet app. Use a trusted VPN. Don’t use the phone for anything else, only to manage crypto.

Unfortunately the NGRAVE ZERO hardware wallet doesn’t support Firo. This is perhaps the most secure hardware wallet.

These are just a few ideas for relatively safer use and storage of your Firo and other crypto.

1 Like

You did have a password on your wallet? You sure about that? Did you reinstall your wallet from a seed and forget to put a password back on the wallet?

And you scanned your computer with Hitman antivirus?

1 Like

Everything you said is true, but this only applies to a personal PC, smartphone, etc.
But by paying attention only to the security of personal devices and software, you are misleading. Because your security can be compromised on the Internet, and there are so many ways that you can’t count them, one of the simplest is substituting a resource that you often use, etc.
And most likely the respected Mr.nobody compromised his security exactly at the network.

I repeat,
Openness is a security breach!
That’s why your security primarily depends on your confidentiality, secrecy!

That’s why I paid attention to Firo, for the
Spark will be provide opportunities that Swiss banks have.
No need to explain why financially literate people choose Swiss banks?

1 Like

Yes, of course I really remember, keep it secret, and use the seed based on that wallet, the question is, now can I upgrade to the latest version, namely v.0.14.13.1? because like the picture shown above my balance status is pending and anonymized, I doubt that once I update it it will disappear and become zero

1 Like

My wallet is encrypted and there is a password too, so I’m confused about how they can hack the wallet, is it that easy?

1 Like

Until now, it’s still like that

1 Like

Please do not reuse a compromised wallet! Anything you receive in this wallet will be stolen again.

Again, you need to find out how you got compromised. This is very important. If this is not possible, you might need to reinstall or reformat (unless the malware is very persistent) as continuing using a compromised system poses a great danger.

After this is completed, you can create a new wallet with a new seed.

1 Like

You mentioned that your seed was backed up securely. How was it backed up?

1 Like

I think what you are referring to is security vs. privacy. Security is more like the examples I had given, how to be more secure with your devices. But privacy is what I think you are referring to. Meaning that people can see the amount of FIRO you hold in a given wallet address. While that is true, you would also have to give up other information for that address to be tied to your identity and then your identity targeted by thieves to gain control of your wallet. That could include email targeting you specifically etc.

I think it all comes down to the thieves gaining control of your wallet.dat file or seed phrase. If they get your wallet.dat file and it does not have a password set on it, they can steal your crypto. If they get your seed phrase they can just install a new wallet with your seed phrase and gain full access.

When a wallet is compromised you must make a completely new wallet. If crypto was transfered out of it that means thieves now fully control that wallet forever, even getting the seed phrase from that wallet.

1 Like

This happened to me check out my only post

1 Like

Please do not spam other topics.

1 Like