Zcoin/Firo and the Defi Ecosystem

Why there is no announcement or marketing about halving?? Zcoin is halving or its fake?

Great news overall.

Which other networks have there been discussions with?

I really think it’s important to Zcoin to also have a strong presence on new blockchain projects aside from Ethereum. While it has the most adoption, it remains slow, and expensive.

Being integrated into upcoming alternatives for Defi including Cardano, Polkadot, Avax, etc would be great for the ecosystem as the communities would learn about, and potentially use Zcoin from the beginning.

Sure we are exploring Polkadot at the moment. I’m not quite sure the readiness of Cardano but who knows, worth exploring.

Blockquote
What’s even more interesting are ways to fractionalize Znodes that would make them liquid while continuing to earn yield. One of the criticisms of Znodes is that they lock liquidity and that they exclude people who can’t afford to hold 1000 XZC. Work is well underway on this and we hope to unveil this soon
Blockquote

Does that mean all Zcoin holders would potentially be able to run a fractional Znode?
Would there be a minimum amount we would need to hold?

Basically you can hold a token that represents a portion of a Znode and earn on it. There will be an announcement soon on this. The only minimum are the decimal points on the Eth token so no effective minimum.

1 Like

This is the first integration in our pipeline! https://zcoin.io/bridging-zcoin-znodes-into-defi-with-stakehound-partnership/

We need to give credit to the Zcoin team (especially Reuben) for staying current and looking at keeping Zcoin current.

Just a few comments/ideas on Zcoin and DeFi:

• ignoring DeFi would be a mistake - Zcoin (or …new name here) needs to acknowledge it and be ready to embrace it if it ends up not being a fad.
  • while option 1 ‘build DeFi functionality directly into Zcoin’ has it’s risks - it needs to be looked at as well (explanation in a minute).
  • ‘integrating into DeFi’, while it likely has the least risk and least work - the risks need to be looked at and addressed, or accepted …

My concern has always been that Zcoin needs to be usable ‘in the real world’ - and I don’t know how many of you have actually been using (or at least watching what’s happening with people who are using) BTC or ETH ‘in the real world’.

With the recent surge of DeFi transactions on the ETH network, and general out-of-control costs on the BTC network - I’ve seen transactions hung for days waiting to be processed (even specifying fairly high transaction fees), and transactions for say $5 that cost almost $5 in transaction fees to get them sent in a reasonable amount of time … This is NOT a usable ‘real world’.

The risk of using existing DeFi networks is that Zcoin will not have any control over these transaction costs - that could get even further out-of-control.

The risk of building DeFi into Zcoin is that too much of a good thing could flood the Zcoin network even more than the other networks (and cause problems - in part because we will still be dealing with MTP blockchain bloat for a while to come).

These are just some points I thought I should make - and I’m not saying one way forward is any better than another for the Zcoin project - just some things people should be thinking about while planning what to do next.

Another thought … in the ‘real world’ those who have a competitive edge usually win out - in this case - a process that is secure and cost effective in theory should win out over unsecured more costly processes … in theory … but then there’s also blind faith in existing processes (BTC, ETH, etc.) and also marketing that come into play as well.

1 Like

Thanks for being positive and replying. But I can’t find single tweet of reward halving in last 30 days.
Can we have single post with all upcoming events with dates or any expected timelines i.e. Reward Halving, Lelantus Testnet/ Mainnet, Defi bridging, Rebranding, StakedXZC etc.

When we can expect press release and updates of Aura, mobile wallet etc?

Thanks again for being kind and listening to us.
:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

I actually wanted to make a post on the halving but wasn’t sure after the crash it was a good time :slight_smile: but will do so soon.

2 Likes

Thanks. Please improve marketing on twitter too. Use hashtags like #HALVING #DEFI etc.
New posters with details of upcoming events.

We are also trying to promote but good to have some quality tweets.
Thanks again

LLMNQ functionality has been added to the code now. so it is relatively small changes than need incorporating to handle the Zcoin chain side of a decentralized implementation.
Getting it all to play nice together in a secure manner will be harder but it is still be doable :wink:

2 Likes

Together with Stakehound we are excited to announce that stakedXZC will go live on Ethereum on the 30th of October.

Earn rewards by onboarding your Zcoin onto the StakeHound platform and becoming one of the first owners of stakedXZC.

medium.com/@stakehound/join-the-first-stakehound-hunt-with-stakedxzc-84e9733d612a

Starting today, Zcoin (soon to be Firo) is the first project to launch on StakeHound’s liquidity bridge to the decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem on Ethereum. With the new stakedXZC token, all Zcoin holders will be able to generate yield through major DeFi applications while they continue to receive stable staking rewards.

https://zcoin.io/new-defi-bridge-for-zcoin-via-stakehound/

I don’t get it at all. Znodes are supposed to increase the decentralization of the network by counterbalancing miners. This stuff literarly throws this feature to litterbin by creating an incentive to offload Znode operation to a single entity (maybe several of them in the future) while simultaneously centrilizing huge portion of founds under the same entity (aka institutional grade cusodian).

I would much rather prefer Znodes remain Znodes.

Want to know how to use stakedXZC/Firo on Ethereum? This tutorial guides you how to buy/sell stakedXZC/FIRO on Uniswap or add liquidity to it and earn fees!

Find out more here:
https://stakehound.com/docs/faq/stakedxzc/

Don’t forget stFiro, which is Firo sitting in masternodes that are wrapped as an ERC-20 token to be able to participate in the Ethereum ecosystem while continuing to receive masternode rewards!

Hosting and maintenance is all built in and taken care of by Stakehound (https://www.stakehound.com) and their partnership with Allnodes.

Etherscan has updated with the new logo and name:

Buy/Sell stFiro on Uniswap!

There is now a pool on Pancakeswap

If you could get $FIRO on a DEX, which would you use? (Poll)

Defi fever is over, our goal is to go our own way and lead the rise of the privacy plate route

2 Likes