ThorChain Integration

Hello all

I wanted to ask what is the current status regarding Thorchain integration?

Apparently one of the first pools will be Monero on the Thorchain (next to Bitcoin, Ethereum and Binance BNB).

I can well imagine that this will be very positive for Monero. Now it is relatively easy to anomize all blockchains that are connected to Thor via Monero. Therefore, I think it is very important that Firo is also connected to the Thor network as soon as possible. Firo has the higher anonymity than Monero and that will get around quickly. Thor is currently very well represented in the media and the concept behind it is also very exciting. Here’s a good article on it (read it even if it’s long): https://erikvoorhees.medium.com/an-introduction-to-thorchain-for-bitcoiners-3f621bf0028e

What is your opinion on the subject?

Apart from that I don’t know what this means in terms of programming effort, as I understand it you would have to build a bridge. But since Firo is related to Bitcoin, you could adapt the Bitcoin bridge.

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve been in talks with Kai and one of our developers has been looking through the documentation. They’ve been busy with their launch but will be starting onboarding calls once they free up.

6 Likes

Hello Reuben

Thanks for the quick reply.

This sounds promising. Does the Firo team have to do a lot of development? I wonder from a technical point of view.

2 Likes

很高兴见到j鲁本的工作效率如此之高,为FIRO团队的所有成员们加油,点赞

It’s quite a bit but we’re prioritizing Instant Send first.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Insta send will definitely be a great feature. I’m already looking forward to it :slight_smile: Especially in combination with the anonymous mobile wallet.

2 Likes
2 Likes

so elysium will be after thorchain integration?

1 Like

are we still actively working on Thorchain integration?

1 Like

Not yet :slight_smile: Waiting for stuff to stabilize first.

1 Like

In case of having any issues, I can recommend Rocketech software developer. We asked them for help with our projects and they’re good.

2 Likes

What project did they work on?

Btw I have spoken to some people familiar with Thorchain and due to its architecture, it can probably only support 10 or so native blockchains (but much more assets).

This makes it much less likely for a Firo integration if that’s the case though it would be good if someone can confirm this.

1 Like