Poll on Firo Block Reward Division

I can vote yet because i need to upgrade my trust level, so i’m doing my part and working on it lol

1 Like

Welcome blackmennewstyle on the FIRO forum :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

Hey blackmennewstyle, if you have an account on one of our other mediums (such as Telegram) then I can upgrade your trust level. Feel free to DM me it so I can verify. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is easy to get masternodes decentralized, just run active campaing with flux, to move nodes from digital ocean to it.

2 Likes

@reuben what do I need to do to get unlocked to vote

1 Like

My thoughts on this are really pretty simple.

1.) Giving more rewards to masternode owners hurts adoption. Although I am not apposed to the reward = the mining reward.
Masternode users hold coins, but what FIRO needs is wider adoption, not more long time loyal holders. It needs users.

2.) Mining rewards on FIRO are already low, I would be surprised if anyone outside of a pool is mining them just to dump them. Their are 10+ coins they could make more money on than FIRO if the purpose was to just mine and dump for USD or BTC. The dumping is probably the pool fee, or the mining software fee, not the miners.

3.) POS is a plutacracy. It is a centralizing force and is unavoidable. All POS coin will become completely centralized on a long enough time frame. It is mathematically impossible to stop.

4.) The Dev fund and the community fund as great ideas and if managed correctly can be huge benefits. However taking rewards from the block reward can be an issue. It’s a great short term solution, but really the project needs to fund itself. I suggest the project itself getting into a few areas that support the project and can be profitable. Examples being, hosting a community mining pool, providing node hosting services, or creating services inside of the FIRO wallet that can generate fee income. For instance, cross chain swaps.

2 Likes

5.) POW is the only way to get non KYC coins.

If you have to KYC to get a privacy coin, what’s the point of it?

Thank you but i already reached the required level :slight_smile: it’s really not that hard to achieve especially when the forum has so many interesting topics to read :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, Firo has user needs.
But these new users, he will never find them if the price continues to fall as it has done for 5 years (-98%).
So, the urgency is to stop the price fall of Firo and to make it go up… to win new users.

So what is the Firo price action of a miner versus a masternode owner?

Miner :
What he spends to get Firos: GPUs and electricity. Effect on the Firo price : none.
What he does with his Firos: he sells them to pay for his GPUs and electricity. Effect on the Firo price : price decrease (increase in supply).

Masternode owner:
What he spends to get Firos: FIATs or other coins. Effect on the Firo price: price increase (increase in demand).
What he does with his Firos: he keeps them to get his masternode reward. Effect on the Firo price : price increase (decrease in supply).

The balance on the Firo price :
The miner has 1 bearish action and 0 bullish action.
The masternode owner has 2 bullish actions and 0 bearish action.

Now the answer is simple on what Firo needs: Firo needs to massively direct (significantly more than 50%, therefore at least 60%) its boc reward towards masternode holders. All other players have at least one bearish action on the price.

Of course, I don’t stigmatize Firos users : many of us are both miners and masternode holders: it is a question of studying the function of miner and masternode owners, not people:- )

3 Likes

Firo is money, it is supposed to be, if it goes the PoS it is just a ponzi

3 Likes

How does giving more coins to people who do not use them going to increase adoption?

If will decrease trading volume, at best lead to a short term pump where nodes cash out.

In the long term it will be devastating to the project.

If it goes through I will vocally disassociate with the project.

Moving more rewards to master nodes will kill the project.

It needs USERS not holders.

Master node rewards just make the community smaller, it will be the WORST decision this project has ever made.

Honestly it should have never rebranded from ZCOIN.

But this will kill it once and for all.

3 Likes

You criticize masternode holders for not using FIRO : however, buying FIROs on an exchange means being a user: it’s even the first step.

This first stage of user, the FIRO miners do not even cross it: on the contrary, they only sell in order to not be a user.

So if you want to favor the use of FIRO, between owner of masternodes and miners, the answer is the owners of masternodes.

What is devastating Firo is the price drop of 98% in 5 years: this drop is due to the selling pressure fueled by the 65% of the block-reward allocated to structurally selling players (miners + dev-team ). To continue on this path is to kill FIRO, yes.

You can repeat a thousand times that FIRO needs users on use cases and I would agree a thousand times. But miners are very distant from users: they do not buy FIRO and sell it allways cheaper. If we want the miners to stop selling off FIRO, we have to reduce their bmock reward share: their cost price will increase and they will stop selling so low.

5 Likes

Giving more block reward to masternodes can incentive people to buy more coins. “More coins, more power” can incentive people to buy more coins, too. They can bring buying pressure. Otherwise who are willing to buy Firo ? Who are willing to buy more? Especially when people have many options such as ZEC, XMR, ZEN,Dash, etc. Why do they have to choose Firo?

None is perfect, but voting with coins or masternodes is relatively more reasonable. If you have 90% share of a company, but you can’t make any decision only because the other shareholders who have 10% share disagree with you. Is that reasonable?

A person holds many coins that means he has contributed much because he has spent much money if he is not a member of team. His buying and holding coins brought the buying pressure and kept the price high so that team can sell coins with high price. So those whales are contributing much to the project indirectly. They should be respected.

Don’t forget the whales are also taking more risks when you say they want to be richer. They will lose a lot of money if the price falls.

A person contributing more has more votes that is reasonable. And coins or masternodes is a nice way to measure the size of contribution. Reuber has many Firo coins and it’s reasonable for him to have many votes.

Yes, we all know that the real need of a project is users, but there will be less and less users if the price of Firo keep low. Did you find a project with lower market cap has more users? Usually the project with bigger market cap such as BTC,ETH, ZEC, XMR, etc has more users. So want more Firo users, raise the price of Firo first. So the most important thing is to creat buying pressure otherwise the price will keep low just like the last 5 years. Compared with XMR, ZEC, ZEN, etc Firo is dying.

5 Likes

Welcome madaocheng on the FIRO forum.

I share your analysis.

Nobody wants to take the risk of becoming a user of a currency that loses value every day… except the miners who sell it immediately and therefore do not take the risk of supporting this drop in value.

2 Likes

Buying a privacy coin on an exchange that requires KYC fundamentally undermines the entire point of a privacy coin project.

Anyone who supports people “buying coins on exchanges” is only voicing their opinion because they are upset about the losses they have taken on a coin.

Cleatly you are a profit maximalist and not a privacy macimalist. And so is anyone who supports your point of view.

As I said before it’s this type of idea that will kill this project, not miners selling coins.

The value of the project will be $0 if its fundamentals are destroyed in a stupid move to try to temporarily pump the price.

If you can’t see this then I totally understand why this project is dying.

2 Likes

For your information, if you had already used the Firo wallet, you would know that buying Firos on an exchange has no impact on the anonymity since the anonymization is done inside the wallet.
Inside the wallet, it is the user who chooses to remain in “public” mode or in “anonymous” mode. But you think you are an expert without ever having used a Firo wallet…

Moreover, to believe that when you connect to a pool to mine it is anonymous, it’s very naive.

Whether you want to defend the mining is your choice, but use valid arguments, if you find any. But, above all, get informed, starting with knowing the FIRO system, and therefore its wallet.

I imagine that you content to mine and resell Firo, without knowing anything about the project, its functioning, its history… but annoyed to have to lose the 50% of the block-reward. Rest assured, by decreasing the sales of miners, the price of Firo will go up and your mining will remain good!

2 Likes

Omfg. You really don’t get it do you.

If you buy on an exchange that you kycd on it doesn’t matter what settings you use in your wallet.

You are already burned. They know you bought a privacy coin and withdraw the money to your personal wallet.

They know how much you bought, how often, etc.

The privacy is already destryoyed then.

The only way to get non kyc coins is to mine them.

And if you think I don’t know how FIRO works, you don’t know who you are talking to.

3 Likes

Hey @MeanHash have unlocked you for voting

1 Like

I still want PoW as a component of Firo for the reasons you mentioned though the response from the miner community has been rather lacklustre so I’m glad you’re here. Idealogically, I’m all on board but in reality the majority (not all) of GPU miners are mercenary in nature. We have honestly given so much resources to GPU miners including tons of research and development time only to have them just mine, dump and don’t even bother about security or decentralisation of the network (see hashrate distribution). Some advocate that we should be ‘educating miners’ more, I don’t really buy that tbh. They very well know what they’re getting into when they pick 2miners to mine.

This is why I’m advocating for balance as PoW still plays an important role for the reasons you mentioned above and gives dual layer security.

However there are increasing ways to get Firo without KYC, such as FiroDEX where the liquidity there is more than someone can mine. Or even swap services that do decent amounts! Or TradeOgre.

3 Likes