Please give extra rewards to nodes other than Allnodes

Currently, 3800 of the 4141 nodes are running on Allnodes. Should we give rewards to people who build their nodes according to the current practice of giving 10% rewards to small mines? These actions can encourage people to deploy nodes in cloud platforms such as Vultr, and increase the security of the entire network.

2 Likes

God, please. I’ve been hosting 30+ nodes in 7+ countries around the world and it’s really expensive.

2 Likes

You claim that 3800 of the 4141 FIRO nodes are hosted by Allnodes.
Where does this source come from?

According to Allnodes, there are currently 3800 FIRO masternodes, but not at Allnodes: Worldwide.
According to masternodes.online, there are also 3800 operational FIRO masternodes worldwide, plus 340 “pause banned” (total 4140). According to the same source, there are indeed a large number of masternodes in Germany, but there are also some all over the world and we seem far from the figures you are giving. It should also be noted that not all masternodes in Germany are hosted by allnodes.
The masternodes number hosted in Germany no longer appears on masternodes.online. A few months ago, when this number appeared, I had done the calculation in a post on this forum and we were at much less than 50% of maternodes hosted in Germany, so even less at allnode.com.

I think the solution to what you want to present as a problem is not to give a bonus, it is to make home hosting accessible to everyone, not only for a few minority (behind TOR, for example: several posts also about this on the forum ).

1 Like

I’m sorry that I misunderstood the statistical caliber of Allnodes about the number of nodes. In addition, Whether the project team can promote vultr.com to receive Firo payment? It already supports Bitcoin, Litecoin and other payment.

2 Likes

At this very moment I am attempting to move over some of my firo masternodes (that are about to expire on allnodes) to be hosted on Flux.
So far I’ve paid the 3 flux to deploy the node, I can see it in “my apps” but now I’m stuck on how to actually get it going LOL

I’ll give it another 30 minutes to figure it out, there doesn’t seem to be instructions available on how to fully set it up on Flux.

edit: now that was a waste of time, just going to renew them allnodes and be done with it :slight_smile:

I had 20-30 nodes running on vultr for many many years and managed them with ansible scripts. Just recently moved them all to Allnodes due to cost especially after they outgrew the disk size and had to all be upgraded to more expensive instances. :pensive:

Now Allnodes also don’t have any cheap instances available and I have tons of FIRO sitting idle that could be running masternodes.

So far I did not go back to vultr to start and new nodes. Also did not find another option that’s cheap enough.

1 Like

The current blockchain size is 8.5GB (with the indexes enabled), did you stripped the MTP block data?

No I did not strip MTP block data. I just checked and it was in November 2020 when my vultr nodes ran out of disk space on the cheapest plan and I had to upgrade them all.

So you can still run FIRO nodes on the $5/month vultr instances with 25GB disk space right now? Interesting.

1 Like

Yes! MTP stripping live on Firo | Firo - Privacy-preserving cryptocurrency

4 Likes

I have looked all over for a how to on setting up a firo node on flux. I am surprised that no one from the flux team or firo team has a how to on this.