Nomination for Community Fund Committee

It definitely would be nice to have representation among the Chinese speaking community but would you be able to follow the discussion/meeting and debates if they are held in English?

There will be a live interview (that can be done over text/online meeting) that will be done for nominees. The transcripts/logs of these interviews will be made public.

The purpose of this interview is to ensure they meet the minimum requirements and also to give greater transparency to the wider Firo community into the nominee.

Things that would be asked would be mainly talking about why they’re believers of Firo, their understanding of certain aspects of the tech, a little more about who they are (no requirement to DOX) and their vision on how the fund would be utilized.

Proof of being an active part of the Firo community for at least a year may be requested for those not recognized.

9 Likes

My name is Ryan and I live in Indonesia, South East Asia. I am sharing what I read and know in Firo Indonesia community, and also an admin in the group. I studied business and economics, and now working in a company in Indonesia that is doing business in the blockchain field as well. I graduated cum-laude in university but I actually were very stupid in high school. I was ranked 30 out of 30 student in my class in senior high school.

I think with my average brain capacity supported by my education and professional background, understanding of the space and the community, and also critical thinking ability (I was an English debater and was at a national level league in college), I believe I have the basic competency of being a CFC member. In addition, I also participated in many ICO so I know how to evaluate things. OmiseGo was my first ICO and I have gathered more experience after that as well. Oh yes and I also run Firo masternodes.

I would like to see the community fund used for the creation of a variety of additional sustainable product or feature or anything that could enable Firo community to do value creation on it. And it will be good if the efforts is also enhance the decentralization scale of our network, but not mandatory.

14 Likes

Lol love your intro. Ryan has helped the Indonesian community grow a lot!

6 Likes

I nominate RyanApeFiro

3 Likes

Hi all,

A few folks reached out and asked if I’d be interested in coming onboard to the CFC. So, hi! :wave:

I’m OhGodAGirl. I’m a long-time cryptocurrency contributor, currently working on a few things, including GPU and FPGA optimization of ZKP circuits (previously MARLIN, now PLONK as of six days ago), and the revitalization of a older L1 protocol and community. You can check out what else I’m working on here, although I’m quite bad at keeping my LinkedIn up to date (also, some work sits under alts).

Some of you know me from FiroPoW; some of you know me as that hardware nerd; and some of you might have caught me recently on Voskcoin’s latest video, alongside Reuben. I’m a major privacy and pseudonymity advocate, with a passion for the former deepening during my time in China and Ukraine. I believe FIRO’s technology and contributions are critical to the sphere of research shared by ZCash, Monero, MINA and others.

I’m able to bring proven product and engineering experience to the CFC, as well as my experience with both venture funds and community funds (both good and bad, so I can advise on what to do…and what not to do). I’m pretty far removed from FIRO (as in, not an active contributor to the protocol), which means I’ll be able to bring a degree of skepticism and pessimism to proposals and balance that with an outsiders perspective.

I’m not great about talking about myself…so, uh, yeah. That’s me. I guess. ^^

Also, don’t tell anyone, but I don’t forum good.

18 Likes

Hi,

I’m sproxet. I’ve been involved with the Firo project since the very beginning (promoting the upcoming implementation of the Zerocoin protocol before the code was published) and helped admin the group during the early years. Later on I’ve been involved with the development of Firo quite a bit. While I can’t say I’m entirely independent of the core direction of Firo, I have been involved with a lot of other stuff simultaneously, including writing ZK circuits and Solidity contracts. I have pretty extensive experience in the anonymity space, going back to my interest in private communications protocols prior to the existence of cryptocurrency. I think I’d bring a strong technical background, with a good ability to discern the technical value of a proposal and to estimate the difficulty of achieving the proposed goal. I can say that I’m generally hostile to the sort of nepotistic community funds many other projects have set up and will try to avoid that sort of corruption in our own, but it’s up to you to decide whether that claim is credible or sufficient to counterbalance any concerns you might have regarding my involvement with core development.

Thanks for your consideration

15 Likes

我的英文很差,还在学习中。 还是很希望加入并且加强学习!

5 Likes

@devwarrior Perhaps you’d like to throw your hat in the ring?

1 Like

我想说一句,中国人参与积极性不高的项目,就算成功了, 代币的价格也不可能会涨起来,此前太多多先例了。强烈建议考虑chen成为基金会成员。

I cannot commit as I am currently somewhat unstable geographically …
I am available for input of course as needed. My skill area is UTXO blockchain and other dev with a focus on atomic swaps. Some older golang atomic swap code in the github was mine.

1 Like

I believe anyone that has programming experience should help the Team rather than trying to be part of the CFC.

Not sure why anyone with that type of experience would volunteer to be a part of the CFC but not just focus on volunteering to help the Team directly.

To me the CFC should be more focus on other aspects that can help the project grow aside from what the Team is hard at work with.

As the community fund will be open to anyone to apply with ideas and funds can be directed that way a person with programming knowledge can raise their ideas and they can be funded.

The community fund I truly believe should at least at the start be issued for something that doesn’t not immediately involves let’s up the tech on this and that. We need to look to go after many other things that can potentially help us. If that is not the case and we are just going to focus on tech then we should of just given that extra 10% to Team as they are the best at that.

1 Like

我也强烈建议考虑chen成为基金会成员,毕竟中国人多、市场大,基金会成员中有一个中国人可能会有助于Firo在中国地区的发展。
如果chen或其他中国人未能入选,那我愿意尝试担任基金会成员角色,因为我觉得基金会成员中最好能有一个中国人。
Who are you?
我是一个普通的虚拟货币投资者,对经济、证券、虚拟货币有一定的了解。
why do you think you should be a CFC member?
(1)我觉得
基金会成员中最好能有一个中国人
(2)我觉得Frio是一个不错的隐私币项目,我从2017年就开始接触了解,买入Firo后一直没有卖出过,可以说,我是Firo的长期信仰者
(3)由于许多中国人对英语不熟悉,导致许多中国人对Firo缺乏了解,也很难参与Firo论坛的讨论,我对英语也不熟,但我也愿意学习英语,如果我能入选,可能有助于我把基金会的一些想法传递给中国社区,同时也可以把中国社区的一些想法反馈给基金会、Firo团队
what do you would like to see the community fund used for?
我认为Firo在技术方面还是不错的,但在产品易用性与多样性、技术提升、团结社区成员、发挥社区力量、增加市场营销方面还有待加强,因此,我建议把社区资金用于让更多人了解Firo、使用Firo,让更多的商店接受Firo。另外,我还希望社区资金能有一部分用于捐赠,去帮助世界上一些需要帮助的人,虽然我们的资金不多,我们自己也很困难,但这个世界上还有许多人比我们更困难。

2 Likes

Why not both like Sproxet?

His name is in the nomination list. I am not blocking it and wish to have a Chinese representative but if he cannot communicate with the other members it can be an issue though I guess translators can help. I just don’t want it to be in the situation if Chen is alone and cannot communicate with other CFC committee members or does not understand the proceedings.

4 Likes

Well since things are looking grim. I propose to make a emergency proposal as soon as possible to alloacate all community funds to development funds this mounth.

4 Likes

Good idea was thinking the same. While the markets are down the rewards will be better spent with the development team.

The fund only comes alive in mid June. We’ll use our reserves first. I’ll update our expenses in more detail soon.

2 Likes

Yes I second this proposal idea. We are in a state of dev funding emergency.

Am also thinking the same