"Migrate" Znode to another host

I need to host my znode masternode another way- last month my host charged me $ 31.89 for a quite basic VM. I have many unused cores and RAM at home on two hypervisors as well as a range of static IPs… I would like to ‘migrate’ my node to my hardware. From what I can tell, I must deactivate the existing and create a new node (waiting 10 days for it to become active). Does this make sense? Any tips?

Thanks!!

Hello,

First things first: do not break the 1000 xzc transaction.

When migrating, you must let your old node go to new start required before starting it on another IP address. This process requires about 3 hours.

You do not need to wait 10 days to re-create the node.

10 days is the estimated time for your new node to requalify after the migration.

Please be aware that if you run your node behind a NAT, you might encounter some problems.

EDIT: These steps apply to legacy masternodes. It no longer applies to deterministic masternodes which were introduced in June 2020.

1 Like

Thank you Anwar, I will give this a try and use 1:1 NAT and I’ll report back if there are issues (for the community knowledgebase).

I was able to get the znode working! Tips:

Validate ISP not blocking inbound traffic on 8168 (this is the only port to care about unless you filter outbound ports)
Validate your firewall is not blocking inbound traffic on 8168
Use this command to tell the VPS/VM to respond to the public IP even though it has a local address and there isn’t an interface assigned the public IP.

sudo apt-get install iptables-persistent
sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d ««publicIP»» -s ««localSubnet»» -j DNAT --to-destination ««localIP»»
sudo netfilter-persistent save
sudo netfilter-persistent reload

Hopefully anwar adds this trick to the masternode/znode guide :slight_smile: