In the spirit to create a more self sustaining and inclusive community, we wish to begin decentralizing community management to volunteer community members. Thus far this has been run by team members and some volunteers but disputes/moderation tended to fall into core team members hands.
By allowing community members that are informally elected to the post, we hope to promote impartiality to the community chat groups and also encourages these members to grow into more active participants in the project. This will also mitigate concerns of censorship.
- Always promote civility and kindness. Trolling, insulting and derogatory comments are not tolerated. You can express criticism but do so politely and constructively.
- No discrimination. We do not tolerate racism, hateful language, or discrimination of any kind.
- Do not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment of others. Disagreements happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment and are not okay. Threats of violence are strictly prohibited.
- No NSFW content We wish to be accessible to as many people as possible and do not allow posting of adult or violent content.
- Keep discussions related to Firo
- Keep discussions in the right channels (for e.g. price discussions in dedicated trading channels)
- Try to check announcements first before asking questions.
These positions will for the moment not receive any remuneration and is strictly on a volunteer basis. You may get cool swag!
Requirements to be moderator
Moderators should always promote a civil and welcoming environment and realize that while they are not core team members they do represent the values of the project. Moderators are expected to be held to a higher standard than regular community members.
Mods serve as a important connection between the core team and the community and therefore there are certain minimum requirements.
- Have been with the Firo community for at least a year or has contributed significantly to the project in someway.
- Be knowledgable and passionate of the core values and features of the Firo project
- Can dedicate time to being a moderator and remain updated on latest developments
- Be active in chats and forum discussions.
To begin we are seeking to fill 5 positions for the main Telegram/Discord channels and the forum. These positions are not for the language specific channels yet.
Applying to be a moderator
Those seeking nominations should post here with an introduction of themselves, what attracted them to the project and how they got to know about it along with any information that they think is helpful. They should also include how much time they think they can spend a week on Firo and their approximate active times.