FIROPOW,is very demanding of electricity and may damage cards easily

FIROPOW,is very demanding of electricity. This can limit the spread of FIRO mining, as it can easily burn out cards because require a lot of power and ventilation. is there are potential solutions to this issue, such as implementing new algorithms or improving the efficiency of the mining process.

FiroPoW is a variant of ProgPoW specifically modified for Firo. Yes, it is a demanding algorithm, but this isn’t without reason. FiroPoW is ASIC and FPGA resistant to ensure only commodity hardware GPUs will be the ones mining. In fact, this algorithm is relatively new and replaced the original mining algorithm MTP.

FiroPoW will not push a card beyond its limits, and in fact any card is designed to protect itself (such as through throttling) therefore even with completely stock settings it is perfectly safe, although not efficient, to mine Firo with adequate cooling. Regardless of mining algorithm, you should be providing GPUs with adequate cooling. Nonetheless, there are plenty of active miners in the community who have shared rig setups, and quite a few are only running the stock cooling of their GPUs and have no issues with thermals.

You can read more in-depth about FiroPoW from these blog posts:

2 Likes

I thought that from my experience to run any kawpow or FIROPOW coin on cards is very difficult and release a lot heat compared to ERGO or ETC or KASPA that prevent me from mining it although I hold master nodes of it.

This can limit the spread of FIRO mining, as it can easily burn out cards because require a lot of power and ventilation.

It’s a myth that mining degrades the life of the card as long as the card is operating within parameters.

Debunked multiple times by Linus Techtips.

Just maintain the fans and paste and it’ll be fine.

2 Likes