FCS Proposal - Spark Names Identity Directory

A new proposal has been posted to the Firo Crowdfunding System.

  • Title: Spark Names Identity Directory
  • Author: panagot
  • Proposal type: Core
  • Link: click here

Use this topic to discuss this proposal!

A preview

So platform creates claim token

  • User puts it in additionalInfo via wallet renew/extend
  • User pastes that same JSON back into /claim
  • Site checks the token → unlocks edit

1 Like

Profile on BIOs comes from additionalInfo

Example

Discussion Logs
Discussion starts from here: Telegram: View @firocfc

[9/6/2026 2:43 PM] Antibit in reply to AJay:

‎⁨:waving_hand: :person_bowing: Greetings Committee members,…
Panagot: Yes, but with clarification.

Let’s have this site on the third-level domain sparks.firo.org or names.firo.org, as part of the ecosystem. It’s not necessary to register a separate second-level domain for this. Firo.org is owned by the team, and just need to specify the necessary DNS for a full-fledged site names.firo.org
[9/6/2026 2:47 PM] Antibit: Or another suitable name for this domain
[9/6/2026 2:55 PM] Antibit: Did we even mention anywhere that this monitoring service, https://firostatus.com, exists? Like, in the news, or on firo.org? I understand it’s a niche resource, but no one knows about it except us
[9/6/2026 2:55 PM] Reuben Yap: I think it was mentioned in our newsletter but we will be featuring it more
[9/6/2026 2:56 PM] Reuben Yap: @AJayDono let’s do some posts which feature things funded by fcs
[9/6/2026 3:01 PM] Antibit: Could embed https://firostatus.com/ in the footer of the firo.org website; it’s a technically useful resource for a specific purpose. Otherwise, why did we even pay for it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
[9/6/2026 3:01 PM] Reuben Yap: Good idea I think we’ll make an ecosystem page

View real mainnet names nearing expiry, sorted by what’s due first.

owners who opt in will be able to get a cron reminder to renew in time.

Hi everyone! I’m having temporary issues accessing Telegram. Please accept my vote via the forum: I vote Yes.

1 Like

Discussion logs

[9/6/2026 6:23 PM] PANAGOT in reply to Antibit:
Hi antibit, thank you for the thumbs up, yes that can be arranged with core no problem :ok_hand:

[9/6/2026 7:03 PM] PANAGOT: I’ll just need to add a disclaimer though that it is not run by the official core team.

[9/6/2026 7:05 PM] Reuben Yap: Yeah is honestly a security risk if it gets hijacked

[9/9/2026 8:11 AM] Rottenero: Proposal votes from me:

  1. Pay anything with Firo: No. Though I see both sides and I understand the importance of it, I lean a bit stronger towards @firofan’s logic that it could be sourced, such liquidity, some other way, coming from a different source of funds.
  2. Spark names directory: Yes.
  3. Firo block explorer (and ElectrumX server): Yes.

cc. @AJayDono.

[9/10/2026 3:05 AM] Antibit: @panagot
electrumx.firoblocks.app

[9/11/2026 3:53 AM] PANAGOT: Thank you guys for the votes. Appreciate it. very much!!!
[9/11/2026 8:08 PM] Reuben Yap: @panagot i am proposing instead of names.firo.org let’s have it as sparknames.firo.org ?
[9/11/2026 8:08 PM] Reuben Yap: just for SEO purposes
[9/11/2026 8:10 PM] AJay in reply to Reuben Yap:
Sparknames.firo.org currently exists for information about spark names.
[9/11/2026 8:11 PM] Reuben Yap: oh hm
[9/11/2026 8:11 PM] Reuben Yap: okay guess we’ll do names.firo.org but should add in sparknames.firo.org a link to panagot’s thing
[9/11/2026 8:57 PM] Reuben Yap in reply to Reuben Yap:
Yeah Nuwa highlighted giving out our https cert for this would not be wise

[9/11/2026 10:13 PM] Jagmo in reply to Reuben Yap:
FWIW after finishing review this morning, I would have voted
1 Aye
2 Aye
3 Aye

For 1, I was initially considering voting Nay but changed my mind after further reading and discussion here. I hope that we can figure out a new proposal to help improve liquidity in the DEX that will be acceptable to CFC members.

Does anyone have any ideas that would make the proposal better? Or perhaps only do part of the proposal for less funds? Happy to brainstorm ideas, I previously mentioned some sort of profit share idea to help repay funds as an idea.

Update on Spark Names Identity Directory by @Panagot

All CFC members has voted and/or given their thoughts on this proposal.

Given that a majority has voted Aye for this proposal, It has Passed :white_check_mark:. Thank You :handshake:

:white_check_mark:Yes/Yay
@firofan
@rottenero
@ddadybayo
@Thorfried
@vaselexa
@jagmot

:cross_mark:No/Nay
@nrsimha

M1 is ready.

Live explorer-backed directory, lookup, and profiles (real mainnet names, address, expiry)

  • Stats (totals, length, due-soon / expiry) and Tools (badges, JSON export)
  • Claim → edit → publish via wallet additionalInfo (does not register names; ownership stays in Campfire / Core)
  • Public APIs: /api/name/:name, /api/badge/:name.svg, health/claims endpoints
  • Site claims path (SQLite on the Node host; Current site on Vercel stays explorer-only temporarily until migration to the final domain.)
  • Guide, About, ops/deploy docs; independent community disclaimer (not Firo Core)
1 Like

:light_bulb: Funding Update

Spark Names Identity Directory

First Payment of 800 FIRO has been sent to @panagot

M2 is ready.

  • Live explorer-backed directory, lookup, and profiles (real mainnet names, address, expiry)

  • Stats (totals, length, fee tiers, due-soon / expiry, registry health) and FiroStatus sync strip

  • Tools (name inspector, badges/embeds, fee estimates, meta byte check, API playground, JSON export)

  • Claim → edit → publish via wallet additionalInfo (does not register names; ownership stays in Campfire / Core)

  • Server-side claims on MySQL so verified profiles persist for visitors

  • Public APIs: /api/name/:name, /api/badge/:name.svg, /api/available/:name, health/claims endpoints

  • Guide, About, ops/deploy docs; independent community disclaimer (not Firo Core); funded by the Firo Community Fund

Live at https://fironames.com

1 Like

Discussion Logs

[9/16/2026 2:27 AM] Reuben Yap: We should promote the Spark Names identity directory
[9/16/2026 2:27 AM] Reuben Yap: so for security reasons as spark names identity directory isn’t on infra by core, we can’t really have it on a sub domain as we need to share the cert for that
[9/16/2026 2:27 AM] Reuben Yap: is it possible for @panagot to host it somewhere else and we’ll link it?
[9/16/2026 3:14 AM] Antibit: Well, I suggested it, so I’ll answer)
[9/16/2026 3:14 AM] Reuben Yap: we want to put an ecosystem page and we’ll also feature it heavily :slight_smile:
[9/16/2026 3:14 AM] Reuben Yap: there’s a plan to showcase all the ecosystem work funded by this
[9/16/2026 3:17 AM] Antibit: I thought there might be issues with the subdomain, but I didn’t think there would be issues with the SSL certificate.
In this situation, there’s no other option: if we can’t host on a subdomain, then we host on a separate second-level domain
[9/16/2026 3:22 AM] Antibit: sparknames.org
as an option
@panagot
[9/16/2026 4:11 AM] PANAGOT: hi, sure,

I will arrange it.
[9/16/2026 8:14 PM] PANAGOT: Antibit I was thinking fironames .com :thinking:
[9/16/2026 8:17 PM] Antibit in reply to PANAGOT:

‎⁨Antibit I was thinking fironames .com :thinking:⁩
It doesn’t matter to me) I suggest leaving that choice to the lead @reubster
[9/17/2026 11:37 AM] Reuben Yap in reply to PANAGOT:
‎⁨Antibit I was thinking fironames .com :thinking:⁩
When you’re done lmk we will do a feature
[9/18/2026 6:26 PM] PANAGOT: Hey guys, does someone from here own the firo domain name?
[9/18/2026 6:26 PM] Reuben Yap: the @firo spark name u mean
[9/18/2026 6:27 PM] PANAGOT: yes @firo spark name
[9/18/2026 6:48 PM] PANAGOT: Else I will be featuring firocore …
[9/18/2026 6:49 PM] Reuben Yap: yeah do that :slight_smile:
[9/19/2026 12:16 AM] PANAGOT: M2 is done, fironames.com is the domain that is chosen.

  • Live explorer-backed directory, lookup, and profiles (real mainnet names, address, expiry)
  • Stats (totals, length, fee tiers, due-soon / expiry, registry health) and FiroStatus sync strip
  • Tools (name inspector, badges/embeds, fee estimates, meta byte check, API playground, JSON export)
  • Claim → edit → publish via wallet additionalInfo (does not register names; ownership stays in Campfire / Core)
  • Server-side claims on MySQL so verified profiles persist for visitors
  • Public APIs: /api/name/:name, /api/badge/:name.svg, /api/available/:name, health/claims endpoints
  • Guide, About, ops/deploy docs; independent community disclaimer (not Firo Core); funded by the Firo Community Fund

Ready to be featured.
[9/19/2026 6:07 PM] Reuben Yap in reply to PANAGOT:

‎⁨M2 is done, fironames.com is the domain that is chosen…
So i’m using the claim spark name and have a few questions
[9/19/2026 6:07 PM] Reuben Yap: so i copy the json and put it in the additional data
[9/19/2026 6:07 PM] Reuben Yap: but why would i want to copy ONLY the claim token?
[9/19/2026 6:07 PM] Reuben Yap: also there’s all this other fields like avatar and etc…but when claiming i leave it empty? not very clear
[9/19/2026 6:09 PM] Reuben Yap: When i am claiming, if i navigate away, does my claim token expire again?
[9/19/2026 6:13 PM] Reuben Yap: ok yeah the claim token changed :slightly_frowning_face: so i have to redo the process again
[9/19/2026 6:21 PM] Reuben Yap: portfolio isn’t useful also because currently only one address per name
[9/19/2026 6:35 PM] Reuben Yap:

[9/19/2026 6:35 PM] Reuben Yap: haha kinda confused :slightly_smiling_face:
[9/19/2026 6:42 PM] Antibit:

Like NFT on Ton)
[9/19/2026 6:44 PM] Antibit: Only cooler :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
[9/19/2026 7:27 PM] Antibit: Anyway, I like this guy’s projects. Keep offering us useful services @panagot :+1:
[9/19/2026 7:27 PM] PANAGOT: I’ve fixed the issue, check again Reuben. Renamed the portfolio.
[9/19/2026 7:27 PM] PANAGOT: Thanks Antibit
[9/19/2026 7:34 PM] Antibit: I’m missing a graph of registered names at a given point in time: today, a month ago…
[9/19/2026 7:37 PM] Antibit: I mean active Spark names at a specific time, for tracking statistics. Are there more of them or less
[9/19/2026 7:56 PM] PANAGOT: I can add it, snapshots from today and from now own
[9/19/2026 8:05 PM] Antibit: Sounds good. Can’t we pull up the past statistics?
[9/19/2026 8:05 PM] PANAGOT: Theoretically yes
[9/19/2026 8:06 PM] PANAGOT: Will be afk for a while, anything else will reply later.
[9/19/2026 8:06 PM] Antibit: That would be great
[9/19/2026 9:47 PM] PANAGOT:


Antibit, current snapshot as of today.
[9/19/2026 10:22 PM] PANAGOT: Need to run a special script for backlog data on the fully synced wallet to try and get the data.
[9/20/2026 4:23 AM] PANAGOT:

ok, names peaked at 28 of May 2026, makes sense since this is where the 1st wave expired after a year of registration which was May 2025.

Uploading it now with a full history etc.
[9/20/2026 4:28 AM] PANAGOT:


Antibit you can visit Spark Names · Firo Spark Names Directory for all the details active/expired etc.
[9/20/2026 4:31 AM] PANAGOT: The record in November 25 registrations also makes sense as it where Firo peaked at $4, people where exploring / experimenting with firo features.
[9/20/2026 2:33 PM] Antibit: Yes, that’s what was missing. Excellent, thank you