Community Proposal - MyCryptoCheckout Integration. Let's start winning some grassroots mindshare!

Yeah it’s an issue I’ve been thinking about, currently I’m with shopify, but I’ve wanted to create another version of my site without KYC that would support firo buy integration was not clear.

Thats what integration with this plugin would solve.

1 Like

Another use case we could develop with this plugin, is a form of Crypto superchat.
Whereby youtubers, bloggers and others can link to a page on their wordpress website. When their followers click the link, they can send a crypto payment and a message that becomes displayed on the webpage with donation amount etc.

From the website owners perspective, they would just have to embed a [shortcode] on the page they want the crypto superchat to be displayed on. If we use AJAX the comments can be displayed and update in realtime. This may prove particularly popular for livestreamers etc.

This potentially could mean a LOT of advertising for Firo.

5 Likes

I think this is a great idea especially the widgets for e-commerce. The cost is also within the community fund and I think would be a good first use of that fund for this effort.

1 Like

If we are able to build our own solution in the medium to longer term. The code in the plugin could also be built into other online services we as the Firo community can offer, i.e. superchats for youtubers and others that may not even have a website.

If crypto centric streamers begin to link to the service we provide (which also advertises Firo) as they want their viewers to donate. That could give Firo a huge awareness boost in the wider Crypto community and all the positives that go with that. Success breeds success as they say.
Obviously I can’t vote for this proposal but hopefully the other CFC members will be favorable to the idea.

1 Like

Why? Unless you are closely associated with MyCryptoPayments there is no issue with your vote, no?

“If a CFC member is an applicant for funding, the member cannot vote on that proposal.”

I wasn’t sure on this clause, as technically a proposal is an application for funding. However I presume it means if I’m applying to receive funding personally to provide a service.

“If a CFC member is an applicant for funding, the member cannot vote on that proposal.”

I wasn’t sure on this clause, as technically a proposal is an application for funding. However I presume it means if I’m making a proposal and applying to receive funding personally to provide a service, then
I can’t vote.

I understood it means you are applicant if you are somebody who will receive payment.

Applicant for funding is MyCryptoPayments I would expect.

1 Like

Yes I believe this is a very good idea. Direct and indirect exposure to Firo is a must, building projects and services which benefits the Firo community while simultaneously exposing potential users who invest in other coins is a great way too boost the profile of the coin in a indirect way.

Remember the crypto market itself in terms of products and services is still very young and i believe projects which make inroads into this will be the ones too benefit in the long run.

1 Like

what is the difference between Coinpayments (the Service Allnodes is using to get Paid) and MyCryptoCheckout?

1 Like

Coinpayments:

• you pay transaction fee (0.5%), no monthy/yearly fee
  • payment goes through them
  • possibility of automatic coin conversion

MyCryptoCheckout:

• direct transaction to your wallet (crypto goes from customer’s wallet directly to your wallet, not through 3rd party)
  • no transaction fee, yearly fee ($59)
  • autosettlement features (connect MyCryptoCheckout to exchange(s) and instantly convert selected coins to fiat or stablecoins)
3 Likes

Also Coinpayments requires KYC to be a merchant.

1 Like

this, I hope the transaction can be completed in seconds. i don’t want to wait for 6 confirmations (or any waiting time) just to show my superchat on livestream. it’s not practical

and ajax, why not use websocket?

1 Like

Whatever works, I just happen to be familiar with AJAX.
Well currently MyCryptoCheckout has a 0 confirmation option, so we could also do that.
Zero conf’s are pretty much instant.

The other part would be the ability to set query intervals within the plugin.
10 Seconds should be doable for most small website servers.

If we offer an account service where people use our web service directly. Depending on the number of wallets to query, maybe we have to scale it back to 30 seconds to reduce server load etc. or we add more server resources.

With that said a 4 core CPU seems to deal with checking/updating hundreds of posts/thousands of comments ok.

I really like the long-term idea. This could be a very good supporting infrastructure and potential of unlimited exposure to new people. For example, if I’m the merchant, I can give x% discount if you use FIRO for payment. And I believe a service like this should be free to get competitive position on the market since more user’s adoption mean more value of the service. Nevertheless, this MyCryptoCheckout price is actually reasonable and can be a good short-term solution. But I think it will be good if we know whether our community members (who are merchants) need this immediately or if they like (would like to transact with) the existing merchants that are currently adopting MyCryptoCheckout.

1 Like

Will MyCryptoCheckout be able to support Lelantus Spark transactions?

In their requirements they have:

• transaction details (amount, recipient)

In Spark those will be accessible only with view key if I understand it correctly.

If we will be able to manage own service, that would be interesting. But I guess it will require to have some kind of server similar as MyCryptoCheckout has.

1 Like

Right now thats how they support Monero. You add your private viewkey into the plugin.

1 Like

I think I know what your trying to say here, but if you could clarify that would be great.

I’m glad you get what I’m trying to do here. In business this is like a loss leading strategy, that can be used to aggressively try to capture marketshare.
However instead of selling high-margin accessories or replacement parts. For us the return on investment would hopefully be Firo’s network growth. Both in terms of market cap and new active community members that bring with them new varied skillsets, which can also add value to Firo if they are applied.

We need to start winning marketshare so we can start climbing up the market cap rankings again. The community fund appears to be an incredible resource to provide the seed money to try initiatives that may help to do just that.

1 Like

Personnaly, I would be very very cautious with the phase 2 (build our own solution).

I think we should first test the water with a one year deal with MyCryptoCheckout and before renewing, see if it was worth it (750$). Is there some way to have usage statistic?

For phase 2, as a software architect, I would be very cautious if one of my dev would come to me and tell me he want to build a tool that alreay exist from scratch. Why?

Im sure that at first, he will develop a test version (POC) very fast and everyone will get excited. But, a POC and a production ready application is two completely differents things. An example of this is Elysium, Firo team is ironing bugs since months and I understand why.

To move that application from a POC to a production ready, we would need a lot of man hours. This application would need to be perfect since we are playing with user’s fund, its not a game. Also, every piece need to be 100% secure, Im sure hackers will try to take advantage of this application.

• A lot of development would be needed
  • A lot of tests would be needed
  • We would need to provide documentations, how to use, how to debug, etc.
  • Would we provide all kind of plugins for different kind of e-commerce? If yes, that will be a lot of work to maintain because we would need to make sure that our plugins stay functionnal on each e-commerce release.
  • We would need to provide support to users (answering questions).
  • We would need to provide support to merchants (answering questions, explain them how it work, etc.).
  • We would need to have a maintenance team (update new wallets version (imagine if we support 25+ coins with all the update, fork, etc.), keep code framework up to date, keep servers up to date, improving the applications, fixing bugs, etc.)

Phase 2 is not a one time development but a project that a team would need develop, support and maintain. How can we do this with the little community fund that we are having? I dont think its a good idea to throw all our eggs (budget) in the same basket. Also, I dont think it fit the purpose of the firo community. Maybe Im wrong but I think the community should focus on project that can quickly deliver (fire and forget) instead of big projects that will require a lot of time and support after delivery.

Just my personnal opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes