Community Fund Committee Election (March 2023)

Congradulations to 8 winners this year.

Hmm it is unclear who the 7 are?

Thanks to everyone who voted! There is a tie for the last position in the CFC so we are going to be proposing some ways to resolve it. Either we just proceed with a 8 member committee which would require some minor modifications in the quorum requirements or we find a way to resolve the tie.

3 Likes

I think it would be better for a tie break than changing the system imo. Else what happens if there is a tie at the next election. Do we have 9 members or 10 etc.

3 Likes

Hello Firofam! As you can see, there is a tie for the 7th position of the CFC. A tie between @RyanApeFiro and @Eagle. Reuben and I have discussed potential solutions, but we are inclined to agree with Fiendish that the only real resolution is a tie-break.

For the tie-break, we are aiming to do another poll, in this thread, with the same rules (Trust level 2, etc) for 2 weeks. To ensure that the community is still involved and has a say, we have forwarded this information to the CFC to weigh in. In this same regard, if there is anything any of you would like to suggest regarding this, feel free to speak up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Alrighty Firofam, after hearing no counter statements or requests and only hearing approval from CFC members I am going ahead with the tie-break poll.

This will function the same as the election poll we just had. Limited to Trust Level 2 and above, as well as Donors and CFC. Once again, the team cannot vote. The poll is set for slightly more than 2 weeks starting today. Results will only show upon closing of the poll. Best of luck!

Tie Break Poll
  • Eagle(KartalEagle)
  • RyanApeFiro(moviecheff)

0 voters

2 Likes

Kartal is very hardworking and successful in working for Firo for many years, congratulations to him.

thank you brother, as the firo family, we will always pay attention to selfless work and experience the honor of working harder.

1 Like

I know Ryan Ape have great motivation to develop firo community. Keep it up and hope firo will be the biggest privacy crypto in the future :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi FiroFam.
We have a two-week window to decide which of the two nominees will ultimately secure the last spot as the CFC members. Don’t miss your chance to vote!

3 Likes

Good luck to both! Both have been very supportive and I think regardless who wins, we’ll have someone with exposure to a foreign community for representation and also someone who has been a long term supporter of Firo!

3 Likes

Hey ladies and gentlemen,
Don’t forget to show your support for these two long-time supporters of Firo. Cast your vote now!

1 Like

Hey, y’all!
Don’t miss your chance to vote for these 2 amazing nominees, @Eagle @RyanApeFiro
You have 8 days left to cast your vote!

1 Like

Tick-tock, tick-tock! The clock is ticking and there are only six days left to cast your vote for the final CFC members. Don’t miss out on having your say in shaping the future of our community. Hurry up and make your voice heard before it’s too late!

1 Like

Our community is small, and two weeks feels like a long time to vote.
I think one month is too long to vote for members. I suggest shortening the time next time. People who often read the forum will naturally vote, and people who don’t vote will not vote no matter how much time they have. We’ve wasted too much time on this.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t agree with us having a “small” community - more so a small active participating portion of the community. After all, this thread has been viewed 1,717 times so far as of this writing. There are numerous reasons why someone does or doesn’t participate, which I have expressed previously if I recall, so I won’t go over it all again.

As for time frames, understandably for those who are nominating themselves for the role need time to not only see the nomination thread, but also need to have time to decide whether they want to participate in it. They need to uphold these duties for a time period of a year. That is a pretty significant commitment. Plenty of those who are active in the community who nominated themselves waited a decent while into the month before they announced their interest, and there were still those who were contemplating it right up to the end who simply did not end up nominating themselves.

For the election, adequate time is needed for the community to see it, and vote. I also needed time to complete the interviews with the candidates, as well as still having time after those are completed for people to have time to vote based on those interviews.

None of this time is being wasted, and it isn’t too much time - The CFC gets 10% of the block reward to fund things that are in the interest of the community, and this CFC is supposed to represent the community - enough time needs to be made so that as much of the community as possible will participate, and we do have people who vote at the very end. In fact, there were those in our communities who ended up missing their window to vote. Further still, while no one in the community has to deal with it, these sorts of things need to have an adequate amount of time (as well as repetitive reminders) for those who will come and claim it was not an adequate amount of time, that there was not enough notification about it going on, etc.

Which is what happened with the block reward distribution and vote that created the CFC in the first place. That lasted 4 months or so, and had about 5 threads, and there are STILL people claiming it to “too quick” and there was “not enough notification” etc. If we only held a nomination stage for a week, 2 weeks, and an “election” for 1 or 2 weeks, then I would feel as though they would certainly have grounds for their complaint. However, a month for nomination, as well as a month for actual voting absolutely dispels that.

Finally, it isn’t simply those who are on Telegram, Discord, or the forums. We also have to be concerned about Firo communities from other social medias, or even those who don’t use social media and at best simply read our blog posts.

I vote for @Eagle bro!
Local admins must have a place in the CFC

Accept the reality that there are only 27 people voting in cfc, and the posts have been viewed more than 1700 times, most of which are viewed by one user. Our one post is viewed less than the number of people in the larger community. There are 27 people to vote, cfc election members alone account for about 10, and the actual members of the community are only a few users. Even if the time stretched to six months a year, there are still people will say did not see, no notice. Because these people usually do not pay attention to our community, the people who really care about the community, will be the first time to understand every step of the community. For people who do not care, how much time to give him is useless, is a waste of time.

I pay attention to the latest development every day, like this post, I have read more than 30 or 40 times.

@wind_and_free totally understand your point of view but it is also important to have a reasonable amount of time for the legitimacy of the elections regardless of whether people will actually come to vote, the opportunity for them to do so must be a reasonable amount of time. I mean even for me, sometimes when stuff happens for me in real life or there are emergencies to solve, there are times that I may not check the forums in a week due to more pressing concerns (even though I always keep an eye on it via the Telegram channel forum notifications).

In this case, there is no real urgency in pushing the vote as the CFC can still operate and an additional week or so won’t do anything so it’s always best to err on the side of caution.

Just because people don’t take the opportunity to vote, doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have a reasonable opportunity to do so.

1 Like