Community Fund Committee Election (March 2023)

The Community Fund Committee Nomination stage concluded at the end of February. So begins the CFC election stage! This stage will run for ONE month! During this stage, we will be reaching out to nominees for informal interviews, and we will be sharing the transcriptions for these interviews here on this thread. Just as was done in the previous CFC election.

The Nominees

Forum / Telegram / Discord
@nrsimha / @Nrsimha / @nrsimha#8734 (Reelection)

@sproxet / @sproxet / @sproxet#5932 (Reelection)

@Fiendish / @FiroFiend / @Fiendish#6111 (Reelection)

@RyanApeFiro / @moviecheff / @ry_alt#6800 (Reelection)

@rehrar / @rehrar / Diego “rehrar” Salazar #2959 (Reelection)

@rasikhmorani / @rasikhmorani / N/A (Relection)

@JereTitor / Jere / N/A

@devwarrior /@Dev_Warrior /@devwarrior#5709

@Eagle / @eagleblac / EagleKARTAL#2419

Rules of Election

1. This election will be opened to forum users with Trust Level 2 or people or who have donated to at least 10 FIRO or equivalent to any proposal in the Firo Crowdfunding System or the OpenCollective. You will receive the Donor status for this.
  2. Core team members cannot vote (contributors/contractors are not within this definition). This means @reuben @anwar @AJaydono @poramin @levonpetrosyan93 @ajivanyan @DinkBlitz for the core team members with a forum account.
  3. Nominees are allowed to vote (including themselves).
  4. Each qualified forum user can choose a maximum of 7 people to fill the 7 slots.
  5. Poll will be open for a month.

If you have donated, but your forum status has not been given a Donor status, please DM @AJaydono, @DinkBlitz, or @anwar for a status upgrade. If you wish to donate directly to the Firo Project, you can use this address: aLgRaYSFk6iVw2FqY1oei8Tdn2aTsGPVmP

The community members who are elected will hold these seats for a period of one year! Therefore, it is imperative that you please take this responsibility seriously and vote for candidates that show effort and dedication toward the project and have the requisite capabilities and maturity to make good decisions! Your vote will help guide the future of Firo!

CFC Candidates
  • Devwarrior
  • Eagle(Kartal)
  • Fiendish(FiroFiend)
  • JereTitor
  • Nrsimha
  • Rasikhmorani
  • Rehrar
  • RyanApeFiro (moviecheff)
  • Sproxet
0 voters
3 Likes

Do vote guys! Don’t say there was no opportunity to vote!

2 Likes

Devwarrior interview 3/10/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 10:57 AM]

First up, obviously to be a nominee you have to be a community member for at least a year, but that is only part of the story. How long have you been a community member?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 10:58 AM]

since mid 2017 … initially I just traded Zcoin … but then I became interested in the ZKP side of it and taught myself how Zerocoin protocol worked and played with the code

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 10:59 AM]

code was much simpler then bitcoin 0.8 … later upgraded to 0.13 for masternodes

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:01 AM]

Then I also found out that many of the main guys were near me Thailand Malaysia, etc and asked to work on the coin … I did quite a bit of maintenance and later some atomic swaps code but always remained an independent dev

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:03 AM]

Haha it seems you answered my next question instinctively. Very cool that it was the ZKP tech that got you sold on the project. I didn’t even realize you were much of a trader, if I’m going to be honest. Thank you for expanding on all of that. :slight_smile:

What are your favorite aspects of the Firo Project and community?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:07 AM]

I like that the project is local to me in many ways although many devs are from Eastern Europe/Russia.

Of course I like that it is an honest project and that it just keeps delivering better tools and value technically. In this I equate with decred which I also support.

The community has always been knowledgeable and I like that. There are many members that have been here a while Gung den, etc.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:09 AM]

Now for two harder hitting questions.

What are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions of the previous CFC? Would you do something differently? If so, what?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:11 AM]

There are some who I know better than others and some I think have their own agendas although they align incentives at least with the larger community … In general I think almost all the decisions were right. Even the mining reward … which I personally would not have supported was only proved less useful in hindsight.

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:12 AM]

So differently … the mining decisions. I am not very impressed with mining these days compared to more cypher times shall we say

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:15 AM]

Aside from the mining reward campaign, were there any other particular initiatives previously funded by the CFC that you disagree with? Since you express that almost all decisions were right, but only express the mining reward campaign. If you can’t recall at the moment, that’s fine.

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:17 AM]

I cannot recall any decisions that rubbed me up the wrong way … In general I think the decisions were cautious (Good) as funds are very slim

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:18 AM]

Your readers may also know that if there were a way to return the brand/name to Zcoin I would support that … but the cost would be prohibitive in current market conditions

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:20 AM]

More share of funds for liquidity on various Dex’s I see as a priority as Cex’s fail, rug or get regulated into submission

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:21 AM]

I was about to ask my next question, but that is an interesting prospect. Why would you want to go back to Zcoin branding over Firo? What advantages do you see in that? Jere, a fellow candidate, also mentions this in the nomination thread.

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:24 AM]

Firo is just not strong enough in concept, sound or ooomph! We mostly changed to not get mixed up with Zcash but in retrospect I think that reasoning was not strong enough. On another note I do think there would be some support regained from China although I may be over-optimistic there

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:25 AM]

Just say the two words out loud: Zcoin is strong, Firo not so much!

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:32 AM]

Fair enough. I personally find it interesting how much of the community seems to be split on the topic of branding to this day. I can definitely understand why it was a hard topic at the time haha.

So, you have partially answered my next question. I was going to ask what sort of initiatives are you interested in seeing, supporting, and funding if you win a CFC seat? Above you expressed more funds for liquidity on the various DEXes to protect against potential CEX failure or regulation.

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:34 AM]

Branding: I did support the hard times of re-branding to Firo and supported Reuben the team by taking over the trading channel and combating the huge amount of China fud, attacks really, that was around for more than a year and a half.

It is mature reflection that drives the Zcoin narrative for mr now and like I say it aint gonna happen while there is not much money around

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:38 AM]

Yes:

Liquidity for DEX’s is super important for survival

Rebrand is just a nice to have

I would supprt communty driven outreach and PR by individuals. Example hosting twitter Spaces.

I would be against any significant spend on traditional marketing … the marketers do not understand crypto and have super inflated ideas of their own effectiveness especially in bear

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:38 AM]

I think we have a nice number of mobile wallets so would not add any spend there

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:41 AM]

DEX not gonna happen on mobile any time soon except tokens over old uniswap and the like. And those are not so de-centralized underneath with more and more demonstrations of centralized unilateral emergency measures such so called dexes are demonstrating. Defi is over anyway in my opinion

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:42 AM]

Taking the load from the core devs is another area I see for some spend but I may be biased there as I might have my own props coming … teaser

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:43 AM]

Why do you think DeFi is over? The team is working on FiroDEX for mobile I do believe - why do you think it isn’t gonna happen any time soon?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:45 AM]

Look at FiroDEX daily swaps you publish

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:46 AM]

Defi is over because it is a target for american regulators so all the juicy scams are gone or going

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:48 AM]

of course the defi bottom feeders will still capture new retail money

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:48 AM]

How do you see the future of the CFC? For that matter, what about the Community Matching Fund?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:51 AM]

For this year I see much of the same … cautious control of spend to maximize what we have … not sexy I know but necessary … there are a few overhyped props coming in like that c17 cant remmeber … sounded good but in the end risky and probably they exit on us

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:53 AM]

matching existing efforts in general is a good strategy as effort shown is better than vaporware

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 11:53 AM]

C14?

I suppose the last question for me to ask is, was there anything you wanted to say that didn’t get covered by my questions? Something you want to express to the readers and voters? I know sometimes with text interviews I could accidentally cut you off with a question or reply, so if there was one you want to go back to and expand on feel free to do so.

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 11:55 AM]

Liquidity liquidity liquidity … we don’t need more wallets we do not need more research apart from cryptography (which is covered by core) We need to survive 2023

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:00 PM]

Aside from the DEXes, what other avenues would you be interested in pursuing for liquidity?

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 12:05 PM]

Let’s see what the current liquidity drive which is more on defi side does … but I think consideration should be given to Serious funding for a market on Bison DEX (Powered by Decred) version 0.6 soon will have ETH, USDC, BTC, and a few others. This would be a long term effort

devwarrior, [3/10/2023 12:05 PM]

Apart from Dexes there are no liquidity targets

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:06 PM]

Alrighty. If you’re satisfied, we can wrap up and you can get to sleep haha. Thank you for staying up to take the time to do it, Dev. It was a fruitful convo - I think it will give voters a pretty good insight about who they’re voting for which is important.

2 Likes

KartalEagle Interview 3/10/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:34 PM]

So the first question I have, is that we all know that nominees have to be a member of the community for a minimum of a year. That’s only part of the story, though. How long have you been a part of the Firo community, and what brought you to the Firo Project in the first place?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:35 PM]

I’ve been in the firo project for two years

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:36 PM]

Was Firo drawing attention as a project? I knew privacy was freedom. I invested in Firo and started hanging out with the group for a while.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:39 PM]

And i met reuben he helped me and got my attention i started to review more firo

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:40 PM]

And I decided to support firo. I decided to tell the Turkish society

I decided to prepare a visual material on this subject.

And I introduced it to Turkish society

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:49 PM]

If you’re good for me to continue, my next question is: what are your favorite aspects of the Firo Project and community?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:53 PM]

Ok

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 12:54 PM]

The firo Community is a confidential and helpful community. other communities exist to get started, but the firo community cares about the project.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:04 PM]

As you have a previous interview with Reuben from when you were a candidate for the first CFC, I will be bringing up some information from that interview into this interview in the near future to see what has changed for you since then to now.

What are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions of the previous CFC? Would you do something differently, if so, what?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:15 PM]

the current cfc team is not putting much thought into developing the firo community and project. They are interested in simple things. It’s like youtube but people are more on social media

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:22 PM]

Interesting. Which proposals have they turned down that back what you’re saying, and how do you see those proposals helping Firo community and project development? Which social medias would you be most focused on having a stronger presence of Firo on?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:57 PM]

Young people mostly follow on Twitter and Instagram. for example cricket in india, golf in the usa and football in nba europe

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:57 PM]

It’s taboo, budget is very important for such things, but we need to increase awareness

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:58 PM]

communities with a small number of local communities are also weak

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:58 PM]

your social media and advertising team is weak, we can use it more effectively

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 1:59 PM]

visual materials can be prepared

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:08 PM]

I apologize, but I am not understanding what you mean with Twitter and Instagram followed by cricket, golf, football. How do those sports overlap with Firo?

In what ways would you improve the effectiveness of social media and advertising for Firo? After all, the CFC can only vote on proposals, and if you yourself make a proposal you must recuse yourself from voting for that proposal. Would it be to support proposals that come along focused heavily on marketing?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:09 PM]

wouldn’t focus heavily on marketing

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:10 PM]

develop the project first, then market it

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:10 PM]

meant partnership

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:11 PM]

Of course, everything will be done according to the budget.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:11 PM]

If I become a CFC member, I will vote for reasonable offers. Our aim is to develop and expand the project.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:13 PM]

I probably wouldn’t vote on my own proposals. But it would be nice to vote lol I shouldn’t victimize people who work with me I should consider inflation and other conditions

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:13 PM]

If I expect more service and more work, I must pay him well.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:14 PM]

They should be satisfied with the price people get for their dedication to the project.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:17 PM]

Additional questions

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:22 PM]

I see. Based off of your interview from your first candidacy, I got the impression you were heavily interested in marketing as you expressed that marketing was necessary to get the project out there and well known, and with the popularity would come trust. From social media to billboards. Has your viewpoints on this changed, then?

When you say develop the project first, what is the line you have drawn where you think it is “complete”? The release of Lelantus Spark?

Just to clarify, you cannot vote your own proposals.

“If a CFC member is an applicant for funding, the member cannot vote on that proposal. Also, if a CFC member has a close relationship (e.g. family member, best friend, significant other, spouse) with the applicant for funding, the CFC member should disclose the relationship and put it to the other CFC members to decide whether the member should be allowed to vote or choose to abstain voluntarily.”

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:25 PM]

My point of view on the first question has not changed. In order for the marketing to be carried out, the project must progress to a certain stage and be expanded.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:26 PM]

the project should have benefits to people and innovations it provides to people should be usable in real life

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:27 PM]

Lolentus spark and beyond

i was already joking i will approve my own offers

I know that

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:30 PM]

Oh, okay haha. Sorry.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:31 PM]

So the next question, were there any particular initiatives previously funded by the CFC that you disagree with? If so, which?

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:31 PM]

That is, proposals that the CFC approved to fund.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:32 PM]

cfc never approved any of my offers anyway

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:32 PM]

I don’t have any approved offers

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:33 PM]

What I mean is, of all of the proposals that the CFC have approved funding for, were there any that you disagreed with them funding?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:34 PM]

My unconfirmed offers

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:34 PM]

They’re also very strict with offers from moderators while immediately approving offers from the core team.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:35 PM]

What I mean with this question is, are there any proposals that the CFC chose to fund that you did not agree with them funding?

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:35 PM]

Do you mean the Market Making, Development, and Research proposals?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:36 PM]

Frankly, cfc is not very effective for me, in fact, it does not have much authority.

But I agree with the offers they approved.

Yes

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:37 PM]

People care about market building and creating hype obviously people want to make money from the crypto industry

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:38 PM]

Half of the people don’t care about the project, they want to earn more

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:38 PM]

And he sees it as an investment vehicle

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:39 PM]

In order to be permanent in this market, we have to meet people’s expectations.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:41 PM]

is there any other problem here it’s 00:40

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:43 PM]

I will try to speed up for you haha.

Since you see marketing to be a thing for the future, after development, what sort of initiatives are you interested in funding and supporting at the immediate moment should you win a seat?

How do you see the future of the CFC, and for that matter, the Community Matching Fund?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:45 PM]

I would like to divide the fund into macro and micro parts and list my priorities. I will determine the steps I will take in line with my priorities.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:45 PM]

Project development + marketing indispensable duo

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:46 PM]

I’m going to marketing to get the money I’m going to need money to develop the project.

It’s a cycle and the two complete each other

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:47 PM]

The best free ad is a large and developed community

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:47 PM]

A strong community connects the project with people in all areas.Will tell and defend the project

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:49 PM]

My order would be like this

1. project development

2.Marketing

1. Great group (firofan army)

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:51 PM]

With an effective firo community, we can overcome anything

Sorry, you don’t currently have an active community. Even in a charity campaign 50 firos are forcibly collected

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:51 PM]

I certainly agree - a large devleoped community is a great form of free advertisement and that also increases the odds of having community members who are willing to market the project as you said. There is strength in numbers.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:51 PM]

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:52 PM]

If we can grow the community, we won’t need to allocate additional budgets for advertising.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:52 PM]

We’ll already have thousands of people making our free ads

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:53 PM]

Additional questions

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:53 PM]

I assume you’re referring to the Turkish Aid and Relief efforts? There was more than 50 Firos donated, and none were forced? Nevertheless, we do only have a small active community and that certainly needs to be improved upon.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:53 PM]

How do you see the future of the CFC and Community Matching Fund?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:54 PM]

I averaged the number. The number doesn’t matter, the important thing is to break a large army

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:55 PM]

We will either have the army of the USA or a European country without an army, which do you think makes sense?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:56 PM]

cfc adds color to the community in terms of transparency

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:57 PM]

I believe that our community will grow in the future, for this a social media and marketing team should be established under your leadership.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:58 PM]

Firo accounts should be enlarged more and they should share remarkable shares.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 2:59 PM]

While sharing, words that people can understand should be preferred. Technical words cause information pollution, understandable and plain language should be used

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:59 PM]

Last question: do you have anything you would like to say that my questions did not cover? Anything you would like to say specifically to the readers and voters? Was there a topic we’ve covered that you would like to go back to and expand upon at all?

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 3:00 PM]

The web page should be more interactive

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 3:01 PM]

Visitors to our web page should explain the project with a 3-length animation with different language options.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 3:01 PM]

Global group should promote local groups from time to time

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 3:04 PM]

firo is a project with a stance and purpose. will act together with the people working for this purpose.

Kartal :eagle: Eagle, [3/10/2023 3:06 PM]

I would like to thank all my friends who supported me due to the earthquake and helped me, as we support each other, our family ties get stronger and will continue to get stronger.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 3:07 PM]

Thank you for taking the time to offer up your services and energy, Kartal. Thank you for staying up so late to complete the interview with me. Best of luck with the election! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fiend Interview 3/10/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:10 PM]

To start, we all know you guys have to meet a minimum of 1 year in the community to be able to be a nominee. That only tells part of the story, though. How long have you been part of the Firo community, and what brought you to the Firo project?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 2:14 PM]

I got involved in 2019. My opinion is privacy is freedoms best friend. Something told me I’ll need it some day.

Fiend, [3/10/2023 2:15 PM]

I’m more certain of that in 2023.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 2:23 PM]

Fiend, [3/10/2023 2:37 PM]

Firo’s privacy mechanism and it’s unrealized potential in terms of adoption. There is a lot of ways for it to grow. The CFC is a part of that, but it’s current structure makes it hard to take on specifically exciting community inspired development ideas due to codeing skills and technical knowledge required.

Hopefully we can build community tools to help solve that issue. I’d like to see a portal where devs browse and tender quotes for community driven ideas.

Right now it seems the community is limited in this respect, and there maybe quite a few big picture thinkers that are not coders. It would be good for Firo to be able to tap that resource in my opinion.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 3:03 PM]

As you have a previous interview with Reuben from when you ran for the CFC election I will be drawing on a little bit of that to see what has changed for you since then. In the mean time, as a member of the current CFC, which are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions so far with the CFC? Would you do something differently now that you have the benefit of hindsight? If so, what?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 3:24 PM]

I would have pushed harder and sooner to find a solution to my previous comment. Trying to get technical info as well as to locate and consult with a qualified dev, is difficault to say the least.

As for my thoughts on CFC opinions and decisions so far. I’m glad we all voted to help fund audits for spark. That was very important to me, as above all money should be secure and investing in audits to minimise the risk of bugs contributes to security.

I also think it has proven to be invaluable in supporting the dev team during this bear market.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 3:29 PM]

I don’t think anyone could be grateful enough for the support the Firo Project received not only from individual community members, but also the CFC for our audits for Spark.

Were there any particular proposals previously funded by the CFC that you disagree with?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 3:34 PM]

No luckily the CFC have been careful and hasn’t squandered funds without recieving worthwhile benefit. If anything I was sad to see a couple of proposals not pass.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 3:35 PM]

Can you expand on which ones you were sad to see not pass? What impact did you foresee these proposals having?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 3:42 PM]

I wanted alphaday to pass. I figured it may be a long shot, but if the platform were to become popular, it could help to raise awareness of Firo. Also perhaps it may have provided a platform to advertise and inform users as to why Firo is a gem. I was hoping we could maybe participate in beta ad campaigns which may be cost effective.

Fiend, [3/10/2023 3:46 PM]

If we look at exchange listings. Some were cheap to list a few years ago. Now exchanges like KuCoin cost a fortune that Firo cannot afford right now. Sometimes it pays to be an early bird.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 3:55 PM]

That’s a fair perspective.

In your previous candidacy interview, you had said first and foremost your interests were to support the core team temporarily during the bear, but once things got better that you would be pursuing building, or acquiring, infrastructure and services for introducing and leading people to Firo. You also brought up a multi coin wallet with swaps in wallet for development. Like some of your fellow candidates at the time you’re interested in home hosting of masternodes to steer away from the dependency of hosting services.

Obviously, I get the feeling that you’re still very interested in the infrastructure and services element given what you just explained. Given that Stack Wallet has come out meeting what your previously aimed for, are you still interested in funding a multi coin wallet with swap functionality, or has that changed? What about your perspective on masternode hosting?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 4:10 PM]

For folks reading this, this thread is illustrative of the projects I would like to persue, but am unable to seek out qualified devs etc.

Ideally I’d like CFC to fund and create tools/services that have the potential to reach the masses. i.e. a cypto superchats service for youtubers/streamers. Imagine what would happen if crypto streamers directed their viewers to a Firo service to donate to their stream. Ideally the service would be multi-coin for obvious reasons.

The same goes for a self custody payment plugin etc. for wordpress shops.

As for wallets, it seems stack wallet is pretty good aside for IOS limitations regarding swaps. When it’s more mature and features more coins, then it’l be a great solution for most people.

Fiend, [3/10/2023 4:13 PM]

With regards to the ability to self host our nodes.

Fiend, [3/10/2023 4:14 PM]

I view this as a must in the long term. Just look at the direction regulagtors are taking. We need to be as hardened to censorship as possible.

Fiend, [3/10/2023 4:23 PM]

I’d be open to funding research in this area.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 4:27 PM]

How do you see the future of the CFC? How about the Community Matching Fund?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 4:47 PM]

It all depends on the future of Firo. Ideally in my opinion there would be no need for a CFC fund. However Firo’s community is relatively small, which limits the scope of crowd funding compared to much larger projects. So I think we should focus on finding ways to become a much larger project.

For now I think the CFC and it’s fund is needed, and I think the proposals it has funded proves that. I think the creation of the CFC is one of Reuben’s best ideas in this regard even if at the time it didn’t seem crucial.

As for a CMF, you would need to be more specific on the when. If it’s to be implemented now, then I don’t think the community is large enough to fund many expensive projects.

However if it’s be used as a form of voting whereby community members individually donate a small amount but the CFC picks up most of the tab, then I’d have concerns about proposers gaming the system. i.e. I wouldn’t want to see developer propose a project, and for it to be cost effective for the dev to vote for their own proposal with donations.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 4:59 PM]

That concludes my questions for this. Do you have anything you want to say that wasn’t covered with my questions? Anything in particular to the reader and voters? Or a topic covered you would like to go back to and expand on?

Fiend, [3/10/2023 5:05 PM]

If we can get a dev portal funded and created. I’d like to add to your duties and have you scourering the interwebs and connections for devs to tender their services.

Maybe we could reduce your burdens elsewhere though! :wink:

Fiend, [3/10/2023 5:05 PM]

Thanks for your questions, have a good evening.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 5:07 PM]

You’re welcome! Thank you for your patience, and thank you for your current services for the CFC as well as running again to offer them further. Have a good night, and best of luck!

2 Likes

Nrsimha Interview 3/10/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:29 PM]

So, to start, we all know that every nominee has to be a member of community for at least a year, but this is only part of the story for each of you guys. How long have you been a part of the Firo community, and what brought you to the Firo Project?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:31 PM]

Hmm, I am not exactly sure how long I am with Firo. But it was at time of Zcoin, before masternodes were introduced. I like Firo because I through it has qualified developers and liked idea of privacy.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:32 PM]

With non privacy coins I didn’t like idea somebody can know how much you have or where you spend. I guess in some countries it can be very dangerous.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:33 PM]

For long time I was not much active and became active around rebrand and last year got again less active due to less time as our son got born.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:39 PM]

Especially understandable given family is most important haha. Congratulations again, by the way. :slight_smile: I know from your previous interview, from the last election, that your first exposure to Firo/Zcoin was mining through a VPS.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:43 PM]

Yes, it is unbelievable, but I was mining on 2 of my VPS and got I think around 11 Firo.

Of course most favorite aspect of Firo is its technology privacy. And for community aspect I like that for very long Reuben always ask community for opinion (e.g. increase/keep collateral for masternodes, block distribution change, etc…). So although few people develop Firo in sense of technology, it is really community project.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 12:48 PM]

While I don’t necessarily want to hearken back to your previous interview too often, I do plan on asking some questions in regard to that to see if your positions since then have changed.

In the mean time, my next question is, as a member of the current CFC and seeking reelection, what are your thoughts and opinions of decisions made by the current CFC? Would you have voted something differently now that you have hindsight? If so, what?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:50 PM]

Personally I am satisfied with voting and I would voted same on all proposals now as in time of voting

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 12:51 PM]

I was nicely surprised that CFC has more or less same ideas and thus except one proposal I think we all voted same.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:00 PM]

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised how smoothly it all went after some of the initial birthing pains the CFC experienced haha. Totally understandable, though, as it was all new and 7 people had to work it all out together. I’m expecting a little bit of that again depending on who all gets voted into the new CFC. Obviously those of you running for reelection would have prior experience, but any newcomer I think can be expected to have to find their feet. Nevertheless, I’m interested to see if the new CFC will have similar viewpoints as the current CFC.

What initiatives are you interested in funding and supporting this time around? Previously you expressed particular interest in anything for adoption, using Firo as a currency, potentially UI/UX for Elysium (before it came out, of course), easier masternode creation to break away from reliance on hosting services. Has any of that changed?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:06 PM]

No, it didn’t change much.

I would love to see proposals which will really help with increasing utility of Firo. In my opinion Firo’s technology is good, and also soon there will be Lelantus. But it will be nice to see many many vendors to accept Firo as payment. So Firo can be used as currency.

So it will be nice to build some nice widget or tool (I think Fiendish spoke about something similar previously) which companies will be able easy to integrate into their eshops to accept Firo natively without dependence on 3rd party.

And also will like proposal if somebody with good communication skills and nice culture will try to contact various business, at beginning all possible privacy businesses like VPN, anonymous emails, etc… and then all other.

Masternode decentralization tool will be still nice to have as for most people it is very inconvenient to setup masternode themselves. Some time ago I did analysis of IP addresses of masternodes and I think like half of them are through 4 data centers.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:09 PM]

Also with Elysium, will be nice to have place where you can exchange Elysium tokens for Firo and back. If somebody can do this it will be also nice project which can help with adoption

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:14 PM]

Regarding a proposal for someone/group to reach out on behalf of Firo for things such as VPNs, emails, etc why would you be interested in something like that over continuing to rely on the community for it? What advantages do you see of that over the community doing that?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:17 PM]

It will be time consuming, so I guess some people who have skills for that cannot do it without some kind of financial support.

Of course if members from community will be able to do it and in way it will not make bad light on Firo (I mean it wil not look like spam or too aggressive communication) it would be of course best.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:20 PM]

So advantage in short is, that somebody will be really able to spend time with contacting those business and most likely will bring better results.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:23 PM]

Thank you for expanding on that. How do you see the future of the CFC, and for that matter, the Community Matching Fund?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:25 PM]

I am personally little afraid of matching fund as maybe due to my lack of knowledge I have somehow fear it would be possible to be misused by beating its system and sending votes to own proposal.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:25 PM]

And future of CFC we will see, but so far I think it made good decisions.

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:26 PM]

And I didn’t read complains from community against decisions, so I hope community was satisfied too

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:35 PM]

Do you have anything you would like to say that my questions did not cover? Anything you would like to say specifically to the readers and voters? Was there a topic we’ve covered that you would like to go back to and expand upon at all?

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:36 PM]

Hello to everybody reading this :slight_smile:

Nrsimha, [3/10/2023 1:37 PM]

Otherwise I think I don’t have anything more to say for now

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 1:38 PM]

Haha. Alrighty, thank you for offering up your services and time to the community, and thank you for having the interview with me and for your patience! Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sproxet interview

Started 3/10/23 ended 3/15/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 7:59 PM]

Sounds good.

First up, as we all know for you to be a nominee you have to be a part of the community for at least one year, but that doesn’t tell the full story. How long have you been part of the Firo community, and what brought you to the project?

@sproxet, [3/10/2023 8:01 PM]

I’ve been excited about Firo since the original Zerocoin paper was published, before the coin was even launched. I’ve long been involved in the privacy space, and since Zerocoin was the first published technique for an anonymising crypto, it was very exciting to me.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 8:02 PM]

@sproxet, [3/10/2023 8:04 PM]

Firo is one of a very small number of ways to actually keep cryptocurrency privately, so that’s my favourite thing about the project. My favourite thing about the community is the friendliness and warmth.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 8:06 PM]

As a current sitting member of the CFC seeking reelection, what are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions made by the CFC so far? With the benefit of hindsight, would you do something differently? If so, what?

@sproxet, [3/10/2023 8:16 PM]

Not really. I think generally things have gone pretty smoothly. Maybe that one incident with the delayed pay could have gone better.

Lucas Fullam, [3/10/2023 8:20 PM]

Haha yeah, Nrsimha and I had discussed some of brief growing pains the CFC experienced. Totally expected, and in fact, I am expecting it to happen for any newcomers to the CFC while they find their feet.

During the last election you went through an interview for your candidacy with Reuben, and you mentioned that most community funds often become nepotistic. Now that you have seen the our community fund work for over 6 months, do you think we’re in any danger of that? Or are there sufficient safeguards to prevent it from happening?

@sproxet, [3/10/2023 10:51 PM]

I think we’ve had some diversity in proposals, and we haven’t approved ridiculous amounts for nothing just because they were a friend of someone on the committee like some other community funds have done.

Lucas Fullam, [3/13/2023 2:03 PM]

Were there any particular initiatives previously funded by the CFC that you disagree with?

@sproxet, [3/14/2023 4:25 AM]

Not really. I don’t think I voted no on anything that passed. I voted yes on the proposal to make a dashboard collecting Firo-related information which didn’t get passed. I think that was the only really contentious thing other than the slow release of funds issue.

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 1:15 PM]

That was Alphaday’s proposal, right? What advantages did you see in Alphaday’s proposal?

What initiatives are you interested in funding and supporting this time around?

During your original interview with Reuben you expressed that you were interested in integrations, utility related bots, commissioned artwork, etc. Has this changed at all?

@sproxet, [3/14/2023 9:27 PM]

It seemed like a cool thing to have, and the ask wasn’t particularly high.

@sproxet, [3/14/2023 9:28 PM]

We’ll see what people want to do. That’s the main limiting factor I think.

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 8:11 AM]

You mean, from the proposers and proposals? If so, that’s a very fair point. The CFC can only approve or decline what is offered. Have you been overall pleased with the proposals so far, or have they fallen short of expectations? Which sorta ties into my last question: How do you see the future of the CFC, and for that matter, the Community Matching Fund?

@sproxet, [3/15/2023 8:55 AM]

We’ve gotten some good proposals, though you always hope for more. As to the future, that’s whatever the community will make of it.

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 9:14 AM]

Do you have anything you would like to talk about that I haven’t covered with my questions? Anything you would like to express to the readers and voters? Any of the topics we discussed you would like to go back and expand upon?

@sproxet, [3/15/2023 9:48 AM]

Not really anything in particular. I hope everyone reading has a Firo-tastic day!

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 10:39 AM]

Thank you Sproxet, for both taking the time out to do the interview but also for having provided your time and energy for the CFC and now offering to do so again! Have a good one!

1 Like

Jere Interview
Started 3/13/23 finished 3/15/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/13/2023 2:05 PM]
I’m still under the weather, but I would like to try and get this started :slight_smile:
We all know all candidates have to have been members of the community for at least 1 year, but that only gives part of the story. How long have you been part of the Firo community?

Jere, [3/14/2023 2:55 AM]
You can just write all the questions here il answer them in order you have written them.

I have been part of the community since 2020.

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 1:05 PM]
Very well, given the time difference it could be more effective.

Baseline questions are as follows:

What brought you to the Firo Project?

What are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions of the previous CFC?

Would you do something differently? If so, what?

Were there any particular initiatives previously funded by the CFC that you disagree with?

What initiatives are you interested in funding and supporting?

How do you see the future of the CFC, and for that matter, the Community Matching Fund?

For your nomination post, you expressed some of your intentions. First was that you wanted to use the funds to closed source the project, and continue the development as closed source instead of open source. Aside from preventing projects from copying our code, what benefits do you see? Do you see any negatives by moving away from being open source?

You also said that you’re interested in debranding back to Zcoin. Why so? From your nomination post it sounded like you were hoping it would help us piggyback on Zcash’s marketing. Why do you think that is the case? Why do you think that would be a good idea?

Jere, [3/15/2023 8:27 AM]
What brought you to the Firo Project?

I enterd in crpyto as a miner. I mined firo(zcoin) for some time. Then I left again but was in back in 2020.

A only existing private minable POW/POS hybrid coin & long lasting active community that has true golas in private payment sector.

What are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions of the previous CFC?

Im sure they made fair decesions based on available funds & offers.

Would you do something differently? If so, what?

I didnt follow in details so cant answer it.

I didnt follow in details so cant answer it.

What initiatives are you interested in funding and supporting?

Privacy development fields.

Firo has been doing the same with or without cfc. If this continoues for the longer time i would split community funds to miners/masternodes & development team and cancel the cfc.

For your nomination post, you expressed some of your intentions. First was that you wanted to use the funds to closed source the project, and continue the development as closed source instead of open source. Aside from preventing projects from copying our code, what benefits do you see? Do you see any negatives by moving away from being open source?

If the coin does what is supposed to do i do not see any negatives.

You also said that you’re interested in debranding back to Zcoin. Why so? From your nomination post it sounded like you were hoping it would help us piggyback on Zcash’s marketing. Why do you think that is the case? Why do you think that would be a good idea?

If you ask a avrage joe miner what is firo he would answer you with “what the hell are you talking about”. But when you ask him about the Zcoin “ahh that one i mined way back i renember it”. And since a lot of people started as miners it was a CRITICAL MISTAKE to name the coin FIRO. Since we are not currently a large cap coin marketing is a issue too. Currently the brand ZCOIN is still MORE KNOWN then FIRO

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 9:13 AM]
Interestingly enough, you’re not the only candidate who brought up Zcoin debranding, but your reasonings are different. Nevertheless, given the time and amount invested into becoming Firo would it not be more logical to invest in getting brand recognition up to par rather than the massive expenditure that it would be to debrand? Admittedly, I am not sure how much of this would be in the purview of the CFC at all - such a decision would obviously need community decision (if it can even be afforded) and for the CFC to even end up being involved a related proposal would have to be made. Don’t you think changing branding again would end up being detrimental, even if people still remember Zcoin?

Jere, [3/15/2023 9:16 AM]
I am just a single person. CFC is made of many. Decision woudent be just mine.

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 9:21 AM]
Oh, most certainly - I don’t mean to make you feel as though I was implying that. More so asking to see what your thoughts and reasonings are behind your expressed intentions.

Jere, [3/15/2023 9:28 AM]
well all the firo marketing is pointed to firo.org domain we could keep the domain and redirect it to a zcoin domain that way loss would be at minimum

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 10:39 AM]
I suppose to wrap this all up: Was there anything my questions did not touch that you would like to cover? Anything you would like to say to the readers and voters? A topic we covered, but would like to go back and expand upon?

Jere, [3/15/2023 11:36 AM]
Just a theory. Once and if crypto goes mainstream and is used in our everyday lives asic rezistant privacy pow coins will be viewed as only fair value usable coins becouse they get to be fairly distributed & backed by energy, resources & economy witch rarley some other coins can say to their story. Also privacy will play a very important role becouse privacy will insure security of individuals who cant aford it.

Lucas Fullam, [3/15/2023 1:37 PM]
Thank you for taking the time to have the interview, Jere! Also thank you for offering your time and services to the Firo community as a potential CFC member! Have a great one, and best of luck!

1 Like

Btw does anyone want to vote but can’t do so because of access level? If you’ve been with the Firo community for a while but just haven’t been in the forums, let us know and we can approve you.

2 Likes

Diego “Rehrar” interview 3/18/23

Lucas Fullam, [3/18/2023 7:18 PM]

As soon as you can, can you please reply with your reply to the questions?

How long have you been part of the Firo community? What brought you to the Firo Project?

As a member of the current CFC, what are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions made by the CFC so far? With your benefit of hindsight, would you do anything differently and if so, what?

What initiatives are you interesting in funding and supporting?

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:18 PM]

Oh yeahhhh

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:20 PM]

I been a part of the firo community now for four years? Five? I can’t because of Reubens presentation at monero’s village in defcon. Talked humbly and bluntly about how zcoin was compromised. The humility showed me that I want in.

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:22 PM]

I love firo’s love for research. Few projects actually care to do the science or do it badly. Firo cares to make privacy and has puts the tedious and sometimes boring work to get the mathematical numbers to back up their statements. A project of firo’s size keeping pace with a big one like Monero from a research perspective? That’s cool.

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:23 PM]

I think the cfc had done a lot of good. We had some growing pains initially but we got through them like champs. I don’t think I’d do anything differently from this past year. Would have been cool to see more tech focused proposals, but that’s not up to us.

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:24 PM]

Nothing I vehemently disagreed with no. We were pretty united on most things this go around, thankfully.

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:25 PM]

I want more tech and research stuff to cross our desk! I know we’re waiting on spark. Maybe some extra help to get that together?

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:27 PM]

I think cfc is still young and finding its place and footing in the broader firo ecosystem. Seeing how we can work with the core team and be most helpful, while retaining our own identity. I think future years will be even better. I’m very optimistic about what initiatives we can help come to pass.

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:27 PM]

The end.

Lucas Fullam, [3/18/2023 7:37 PM]

Haha. Thank you. What kind of tech and research are you specifically interested in seeing? Or do you not have anything in particular in mind?

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 7:42 PM]

Mostly spark related stuff like spats. Waiting patiently.

Lucas Fullam, [3/18/2023 8:00 PM]

Perhaps vacation would be interested?

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 8:02 PM]

I’d be interested in one for sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucas Fullam, [3/18/2023 8:03 PM]

Stupid auto correct haha. Vsnation

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 8:03 PM]

I know who you meant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Diego Salazar, [3/18/2023 8:03 PM]

I think he’s mostly python. Not C++ but we can ask.

Lucas Fullam, [3/19/2023 9:23 AM]

Anything else you would like to bring up that my questions did not cover? Any statements for the readers and voters?

Diego Salazar, [3/19/2023 9:25 AM]

Vote for me. I’m pretty cool.

Lucas Fullam, [3/19/2023 9:32 AM]

Thank you for not only having already offered your services with this current and outgoing CFC, but offering to do it all again, Diego. Have a great day and best of luck!

3 Likes

This is what I have from the RyanApeFiro interview, so far

Lucas Fullam, [3/18/2023 7:21 PM]
For your convenience and for our time constraints here are the Election interview questions and as soon as you can, please reply to these questions.

How long have you been part of the Firo community? What brought you to the Firo Project?

As a member of the current CFC, what are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions made by the CFC so far? With your benefit of hindsight, would you do anything differently and if so, what?

Ryan Ape Firo Forever, [3/19/2023 9:01 PM]
Ah I am not aware of this

Ryan Ape Firo Forever, [3/19/2023 9:01 PM]
Ok

Ryan Ape Firo Forever, [3/20/2023 6:52 PM]

I first noticed Zcoin back in 2017 since it was listed on Indodax, but I just started to ape into the ecosystem in 2019, if I’m not mistaken, because I think privacy blockchains deserve a special place in the space just like L1, and I found Firo as the most undervalued project in the sector that made me curious and would like to learn more about the project and its ecosystem.

Firo has a high-level focus on developing decentralized privacy technology and can always deliver by the end of the day, no matter how challenging the circumstances were.

CFC is far from perfect, decisions we made might not satisfy all community members, but I believe every committee members were always deliver the best they could. If there is something that I’d do differently I think I’d like to promote more on the use of our fund for building something on the Firo ecosystem, and encourage community members to build. So like builder fund, I believe building is and has always been the best marketing strategy in the space. More over Firo also has Elysium, so no excuse for the community to not build more.

I think the recent proposal for hummingbot liquidity mining has passed, right? I’m still considering so haven’t cast my vote but I’m more on the no side for the initiative because I believe Firo is good project, and the campaign will benefit Binance with trading fee. They are the biggest exchange, 60% crypto volume is there, so why we still need to maintain Firo liquidity on their platform? But don’t get me wrong I like the idea, I was also a liquidity miner with hummingbot and provided liquidity for Firo in Binance on the previous campaigns. It just, after gave it more thought I think we should be more confident with our project value, and focus the resources on building something that could everlasting.

DEX that support privacy (of course), wallet that support account abstraction or research related to making wallet more convenient for mainstream users, any interesting project utilizing Elysium, how to make CFC voting and proposal tracking system better especially for proposals that is a little bit complex with several milestone and payment terms, and basically any idea that is interesting and worth funding.

How do you see the future of the CFC, and for that matter, the Community Matching Fund? Well, CFC is responsible for community fund, like the name suggest, it will grow along with how Firo community grow.

Lucas Fullam, [3/21/2023 11:00 AM]
Unfortunately the CFC is not going to be able to make everyone happy, and I have no doubt that there are some who do not like its creation in the first place. Nevertheless, I definitely think you guys have been doing your very best to fulfill the role and I can definitely imagine some individuals may have been convinced that the CFC was a good decision in the end.

Quite a few other candidates are also specifically interested in funding things being built as well. What sort of stuff would you be interested in seeing built? What sort of thing do you think could be built on Elysium that would be beneficial to the Firo Project as a whole?

Yes, the Hummingbot Campaign passed. Nrsimha, Sproxet, OhGodAGirl, Fiendish, and Rehrar all voted approval. Sorry that you hadn’t gotten a chance to weigh in, but with it having time constraints I felt it was better to simply roll with the quorum and pass it as soon as possible. Nevertheless, if not Binance, where would you like to see liquidity to increase? I do think your point is an interesting one, especially given that many see Binance as part of the reason our price is suppressed. That being said, you don’t think without the liquidity campaign we wouldn’t have trouble with being stifled? I have seen quite a few community members have complained about the “lack of liquidity”.

Ryan Ape Firo Forever, [3/28/2023 10:23 PM]

1. Anything that could add value to the users. You know ideas are limitless. Good idea doesn’t always get the product market fit, so just don’t think too much on what to build, just buidl!

2. DEX would be the most ideal place, but making DEX easy and convinient to access especially for new users is not easy, I believe that is on our long term plan. But simply other CEX, that is responsible and healthy, is better. We also incentivize miners to distributed hash rate right? So why not do the same with CEX liquidity. I mean, I was surprised FTX went down, because I never expected it. And our community members can also complain to Binance since they are the one who owns the market and (as the market operator) responsible to provide liquidity on their market.

Lucas Fullam, [3/29/2023 11:53 AM]
Yeah, the DEX would be ideal, but understandably that also adds barriers to entry for some individuals, which is a shame. Your argument that because of Binance’s position that they should be responsible for liquidity on their platform, and therefore opening us up to distribute liquidity elsewhere is an interesting one. Personally, I don’t have much knowledge myself about the details to truly make a comment, but at face value it does appear to be logical.
Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time to answer all of the questions, Ryan!
I would also like to thank you for the services provided for the first CFC, as well as continuing to offer up those services for this next CFC. Best of luck with the election!

1 Like

Hey FiroFam!
Your vote can make a difference in deciding who among the nominees will win, so make sure to cast your vote. Thank you!

Rasikh Morani interview 3/14 - 3/28

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 1:19 PM]

Sorry for how late I am Rasikh!

First up, obviously we all know you have to be a community member for at least a year to be a nominee, but obviously your story goes well past that. How long have you been a part of the Firo community, and what brought you to the Firo project?

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 4:54 PM]

If it works better for you, I can see about sending you all of the questions at once so you can answer them at your leisure. I am doing that for Jere, one of the other candidates, because of the time difference.

Rasikh Morani | Arcadia, [3/14/2023 5:14 PM]

That would be fantastic! Sorry for slowness

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 5:15 PM]

Haha no problem at all. I know you have a lot on your plate with your businesses and all. I’ll have it to you shortly.

Lucas Fullam, [3/14/2023 6:04 PM]

Given that you are part of the current CFC, what are your thoughts and opinions of the decisions made so far?

With the benefit of hindsight, would you do anything differently? If so, what?

In your interview with Reuben for your first CFC election you expressed that you were interested in taking stock of software functionality, and aiming for opportunities in relation to retail utilization. Was this still an intended goal for you, or has this changed? What initiatives are you interesting in funding and supporting this time around?

In your previous interview, you expressed to Reuben that you thought that the CFC would fall short of its intended purpose and expectations. Now that you have served a term on the CFC, what do you think now? Did it fall short, or were you pleasantly surprised?

Rasikh Morani | Arcadia, [3/27/2023 3:14 AM]

Rasikh Morani:

My favorite aspects of the Firo project and community would be the privacy technology and the constant drive to improve. I love the loyalty and dedication of the team behind the project, Reuben is one of my favorite people out there, which I have been involved with since the early days of my software company, Arcadia.

As a member of the CFC, I think there have been some good decisions made, but there is always room for improvement. With the benefit of hindsight, I might have pushed for more emphasis on partnerships that brought in utilization and partnering with some potentially volume-heavy protocols earlier on. Now that’s a bit impossible with the market being a bit on the deader side. That said, it’s important to acknowledge the budget constraints and the fact that these partnerships might not have been feasible at the time.

To the best of my knowledge, there haven’t been any initiatives funded by the CFC that I disagree with, most stuff I voted against didn’t pass so no regrets

My initial goal was indeed to focus on retail utilization and find opportunities for Firo in that area. While I am still interested in pursuing this, I am open to exploring other initiatives and potential projects that could benefit the Firo ecosystem in a manner that it brings in tangible value to support the project

Regarding my initial skepticism about the CFC’s effectiveness, I must admit that there have been some positive outcomes, but there is still a long way to go before it can have an overarching positive value for Firo. I wouldn’t say I was pleasantly surprised, but I do see progress being made.

Rasikh Morani | Arcadia, [3/27/2023 3:14 AM]

Still working on my last question

Rasikh Morani | Arcadia, [3/28/2023 1:47 AM]
Last question:

Rasikh Morani | Arcadia, [3/28/2023 1:48 AM]
I worry that funding for ecosystem assets won’t be as effective without a stronger income flow and that will be a factor for effectiveness :smiley:

Lucas Fullam, [3/28/2023 1:44 PM]
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of the questions, Rasikh! :pray:
I would also like to thank you for the services provided for the first CFC, as well as continuing to offer up those services for this next CFC. Best of luck with the election!

Hi!

Don’t miss out on your chance to have a say in who wins - cast your vote now before it’s too late, with only 4 days left of voting days!

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just a quick reminder that there are only three days left to cast your vote for the nominees, so please make sure to do so as soon as possible. Hurry up and don’t miss your chance to have your voice heard!

The community is still too small to vote much

Hopefully, one of these people will step up and lead us to greatness

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Only one day remains to cast your vote for our nominees in this Community Fund Committee Election. Don’t miss it out!

Not necessarily. The Firo community is actually pretty big all things considered, but there is a difference in people who are active in the community, people who tend to lurk and observe, and then those who participate in such activities. We know based off of community participation related material previously, and at a lower market value, that there are a lot of people willing to participate when they feel like it in our community.

There are also some individuals who I know have been previously active, such as Obfustake, who have become a bit disappointed with the CFC. On the other hand, there are others such as Cyanide who expressed “Tbh I just think no one really cares about the CFC election, we already had a good election last time (& personally don’t really see a reason why change it just 6 months after)”, and regardless of my opinion, I highly doubt he is the only active community member to feel this way. Funny enough, even in real life election it tends to work this way. When things are going good, no one likes to pay attention or be bothered, but when something goes wrong, suddenly everybody is attentive and interested in voting.

As for your second statement, it is always good to see community members step up and take bigger roles within the project, and I would never want to discourage anyone from doing so. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it doesn’t have to rely on any CFC member to do so - any community member could if they are willing to put the time and effort! Nevertheless, creating leadership isn’t the intention of the CFC. The CFC’s role and intention is to help handle the Community Fund on the behalf of the community by being community members elected by the community to fulfill that role. They’re community members entrusted with more responsibilities and not intended to be leaders, and are to be beholden to the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like