Anonymize your Firo with Lelantus and Win!

To celebrate the reactivation of Lelantus and to encourage use of Lelantus anonymization transactions, we are holding a month long community event where anybody who anonymizes with Lelantus stands a chance to win Firo!

There is a huge random element to win but the more often you anonymize your funds with Lelantus and the bigger the amount, the higher the chance you stand to win. We will credit the prizes directly to the address that anonymized the funds so your privacy is retained!

1. Only Lelantus mints from blocks 369,000 to 377,630 will be eligible for this contest. Lelantusjmints are not counted.
  2. Only mints of size 1 FIRO and above are factored in. This is to discourage spam transactions.
  3. Addresses that have multiple mints from a single address are excluded. This is to discourage address re-use which undermines privacy.

Things to avoid:

1. If you are sending using Lelantus to your own address, make sure that the address is fresh and unused. Duplicate addresses are excluded from selection
  2. Do not redeem the entire amount you have anonymized and avoid redeeming amounts that have the exact same amount you minted. This is to prevent correlation analysis based on amounts.

Prizes:

1st Prize: 400 FIRO
2nd Prize: 250 FIRO
3rd to 10th prize: 25 FIRO
11th to 25th prize: 10 FIRO

We recommend using our official QT wallet to anonymize. If you want more fine grained control over your Lelantus mints, you can go to Settings>Options>Wallet>Enable lelantus manual-anonymize page.

For those who are curious on the exact formula on how the winners are selected can view the process below which is done deterministically so people can verify the results:

1. Collect all qualifying Lelantus mints (value equal or above 1 FIRO, made within blocks 369,000 to 377,630 and not minted from an address with previous Lelantus mints during the period)
  2. Calculate sha256 hash of the collected mints
  3. Initialize python standard PRNG with the sha256 hash
  4. Run PRNG to produce 25 results
  5. Sort the results based on their minted amounts
3 Likes

请问楼主,能否重复的转币,来制造出更多的获奖机会呢?

1 Like

Yes you are allowed to do that but just make sure
a) don’t re-use address. use brand new address when doing Lelantus spend
b) Don’t spend exact amount as you mint.

3 Likes

Hello,
How do we spend anonymised Firo using the QT wallet?
I can see the lelantusmint balance via the transaction ID, and I can see the transaction as ‘anonymised’ in the transaction tab of the wallet.
However I cannot work out how to actually spend that mint balance, how to confirm it has gone to a new address or how to get it back. My available Firo has been reduced by the anonymised amount. Great. Now what?
Many thanks for the assistance in working this out.

Go to the Send tab. At the bottom right, you should see your Private Balance (mint) total. You can spend the mints in the Send tab in this manner, to your own address or to other people’s addresses.

If you need to send your non-mints (non-private) transactions, click on the Use Transparent Balance button.

1 Like

Thanks. I went to the send tab and my private balance is zero. Is there another step in the anonymisation process that I may have missed?

Has the transactions confirmed? Are they in the pending balance? If yes, please start the wallet with the -rescan flag.

1 Like

谢谢,我们已经看到了,我们的firo越来越好,越来越强大,支持团队的所有成因的辛勤工作和付出。加油

2 Likes

又例:铸造10.9999个,发送到新址10.9998个,这样符合规则吗?

1 Like

No this is too obvious and should be avoided.

3 Likes

好的,收到,已改正方法,全力支持团队的匿名测试,谢谢!

2 Likes

Hi Reuben, may I ask what’s the difference between lelantus pool and lelantusjpool ? I did have spent my anonymous firoes, but the transaction says it was sent to lelantusjpool.

There’s been a hug uptick in the use of Lelantus :grin:

You can view Lelantus’ usage status at https://explorer.firo.org/lelantusstatus

1 Like

Well done everyone!

We’re seeing a big amounts of Mints! We’re half way through the competition! So keep at it :smiley:

1 Like

I’m in :slight_smile:
For those who have issues with the pending time of the Lelantus transactions, don’t panic : just rescan the blockchain and if it is not ok after that, reindex the blockchain (but very slow work).

3 Likes

Blockquote
just rescan the blockchain and if it is not ok after that, reindex the blockchain (but very slow work).

How do I do these two things in the Firo Electron (Light Wallet)? I currently have a transaction to myself and a transaction to another wallet stuck with no confirmations since hours ago.

Thanks!

Hello,
I am with the Core wallet.
I don’t know for the electron wallet, sorry.
Perhaps, take a look at the “blog” section of the FIRO website, but there is probably no need to reindex the FIRO blockchain with your light wallet because they don’t stock the blockchain localy…

The Firo Electron is a full wallet. The Electrum Wallet is the light one.

Could you please join us on the support channels on either Discord or Telegram and we can troubleshoot together - Telegram: Contact @firosupport

1 Like

Lelantus’ anonymity set is rapidly increasing! If you made a private send using Lelantus today, it could have come from potentially 8470 other sources. Keep on anonymizing your $FIRO and improve privacy for everyone! #roadto65kanonymityset

1 Like

Thank you Muggles for fixing my confusion between Electron and Electrum wallet (big trap between these two wallet).

2 Likes