What should we do with recovered funds?

Wow, what a mess in your head huh? I hope you find something constructive to do in life.

LET"S GO!

I want to suggest an alternative. I know that burning is the morally correct thing to do but the reality of the prevailing market and this coins place in it is the bigger picture we need to consider. This coin is dying. Market cap is not growing. Adoption is not happening. All this is reflected in the price. Staked Firo and rebranding has not helped our situation. A possible ban on privacy coins has tanked the price and made investors weary of buying in. Lelantus is a fantastic release but not if no-one knows about it. We need to think a bit outside the box and get with the program. Airdrops are one of the best ways to bring in new users and grow a community. I want to suggest an airdrop of coins to coincide or advertise the release of Lelantus and the new wallet (or soon after mainnet). This should not reward big bag holders but reward new adopters. Cap it at 100 coins to match a minimum of 100 coins in the wallet. Burn any coins remaining after the drop.
I doubt the idea will gain much traction but it is worth considering. Burning the coins may instil credibility but credibility isn’t going to save this coin in the short term. Thanks for reading. ZK.

I completely agee with this (the Reuben second post in this thread).
These coins never should have been created : burn them.

1 Like

My experience with airdrops is that most sell :frowning: That’s what I do with mine.

Some further updates.
The total amount returned to us will be 168101.68037691 FIRO.

It will be released to us in three equal tranches over a period of 6 weeks.

Documents are being finalized. Will keep everyone posted.

2 Likes

Seen this before in chat from Chinese fudster . . . and now sockpuppets …

After discussions with Binance, if the vote passes for affected users of Binance to be reimbursed from the 51% attack, these funds would just be deducted from the amount reimbursed back from this so there won’t be a need for a 6 week wait but will be done simultaneously.

5 Likes

can this coin return to its price in 2018
Just asking
TY

hi , does all firo (~800,000) from the hacker would be compensate to BINANCE ? I have heard some different versions of solution. Hope the rumor could be ended.

Yes the vast majority is going to Binance though because they’re offsetting it with the amount they were supposed to return to us, those would be burnt.

1 Like

Lelantus transactions are now live again!

1 Like

Here are the figures
865,951.9714-168101.68037691=
697,850.29102309 FIRO to be returned.

and 168101.68037691 to be burnt.

2 Likes

Thanks. Data is the tool to stop rumors, and the community needs to get one positive feedback.

2 Likes

Hi reuben, I just wonder from the former post, BINANCE suffered the loss of 906,771.4373 FIRO and some lose of other exchanges. Why they only tooke ~700000 FIRO ? For supporting FIRO ?

1 Like

Because subsequent to the attack some transactions were rebroadcasted and replayed which reduced the damage to around ~865+k. The 168101 figure was due to be returned to us (see beginning of this thread so offset).

1 Like

Ah! Thanks for your reply !

1 Like

Burn address will be here: https://explorer.firo.org/address/aFiroBurningAddressDoNotSendrPtjYA

We have burned 168101.68037691 FIRO by sending it to an unrecoverable address.

https://explorer.firo.org/tx/0b53178c1b22bae4c04ef943ee6d6d30f2483327fe9beb54952951592e8ce368

This means the total net damage from the attack is now reduced from 384,400.82 FIRO to only 43,029.28 FIRO.

5 Likes