Poll on Firo Block Reward Division

Wait for time to expire then make a decision on how to interpret the poll results. Not an enviable task.

If we are going to have another more refined poll after this, I don’t think it should be a whole month again. Maybe 1-2 weeks.

Definitely, would be a short vote if any. How does everyone feel about that?

2 Likes

I think time is against us.

FIRO’s price keeps dropping and it’s so low that even the development team can’t afford it. The urgency today is to act to raise the price of FIRO. For 6 years, the priority has been the technique and it is this technique that seduces many of us. But for this technique to continue to progress, it must be financed in a sustainable way and this requires a higher price from FIRO.

So, for me, it is urgent to redistribute the block-reward, for example on the basis of the 3 votes coming first. In the following months, we can refine with other votes/proposals/updates if we wish.

1-2 weeks more wouldn’t kill anything vs face a disgruntled community and accusations that core team didn’t do the poll correctly.

2 Likes

137 voters is not representative at all, and this proposal goes against core zcoin principles

1 Like

But isn’t everything dropping? I personally wouldn’t make rushed decisions based on price… No matter what we do we’d be in a down position.

2 Likes

firo is dropping faster and lower than most of all coin, and we are ranked 600 soonish that mean shit coin tier.

for a 2016-17 token perspective, its failure and project is dead.
last breath is that vote for some month of survival until death in perfect agony.

Hope it will rise and hyped to go back where it deserve, but yeah 137 voters means coin is forgotten.
So why taking 2 months for a decision that will even not be seen only by purist that everybody else don’t care on the entire crypto sphere.

Consider ourselves as dead and forget about current community, let’s ALL IN marketting, fire devs, technique has failed.

2 Likes

I’ll start a new poll with refined options and we can start there as I don’t foresee significant movement with this one anymore.

This poll will remain open for voting until the end of the period (8 days time) but please direct all further discussions to the final poll and recast your vote there.

I am a technician and I have spent quite a bit of time deploring the exuberant marketting resources put into the service of shitcoins and even ponzi schemes.
However, I am not far from thinking like you.

But I don’t want to believe that FIRO is already dead and I would prefer that FIRO knows success for its quality and not for some marketing campaign. FIRO is dying and the technique is not the priority yet (temporarily) the priority is FIRO survival and this requires a rise in the CMC ranking, by a rise in FIRO price.

Nobody (apart from a few enthusiasts here) wants to buy a coin whose price has been falling for 5 years: everyone wants to sell it as soon as they own it.
This continuous decline also plays for speculators who know that they always make money on FIRO by betting downwards: this explains the high trading volume. FIRO is the pump and dump theater with $100k orders draining it of its wealth.

If we want people to buy FIRO, it must first go up in price (the technique will come back later) and since we cannot force anyone to come and lose money with us, we must first limit the pressure to the FIRO sales, that is to say massively redistribute the block-reward to the masternodes. The pump and dump will cease as soon as the price resumes an upward trend.

2 Likes

Sorry, Reuben, I saw your post too late (I was writing my Syms answer)

To be perfectly honest i dont know enough about how the network is secured. I’m very concered that by reducing the miner reward will lead to more centralisation and therefore greater risk. Is there any independant study that can offer the community guidance?

This is highly biased, your asking a bunch of masternode holders if they want their rewards increased of cause we are going to vote for more rewards.

Perhaps theres an alternative, would it be possible to only allow mining to those who agree to lock up a certain amount of firo? This way there would be no difference between miners and masternode holders.

1 Like

Well, we are asking the Firo community not masternode holders specifically though we made special effort to go on a mining show to talk about it. Miners are free to write and comment here.

The release notes for this will also state that we want to see greater decentralisation of hashrate.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to come across rude, apologies. Been invested in the project since 2017 and just passionate about the project. Ideally im looking for a middle ground; personally I think a 50% or 60% masternode reward is too high.

1 Like

I’m not sure why we’re not talking about maintaining the current emission rate while halving the block time. This has been brought up randomly here and there, but I think it deserves its own proposal thread as it very neatly solves a lot of current problems with the project.

How much do you think is appropriate? Does it work to give miners high returns? What did the miners do for the community? They just keep selling, keep pushing the price lower and lower, and dump FIRo when it becomes unprofitable

reuben兄弟,投票结束这么多天了,到底咋整你给个数啊。效率在哪里。

As the top two options are so close, there’s a final poll ending in 3 days (which we started quite a while back) between the top two options and another two in between options.

I mentioned it here: Poll on Firo Block Reward Division - #218 by reuben

Please redirect all final votes and comments here.

1 Like