Nomination for Community Fund Committee

Actually maybe not. It looks like we could be employing your services in the future.
So better not to have a conflict on the committee.

I heard good things about sproxet, so maybe he’d be good.

“Cannot be a current full-time member of the Firo core team. Part-time contributors or contractors of Firo’s core team are allowed but must be disclosed.”
Diego still qualifies as presumably he is considered a contractor and he is disclosing this position. I don’t necessarily see a conflict of interest directly, however, I could see perhaps having to recuse himself if there was a funding-related item for something Cypherstack was proposing, and I don’t see Diego having a problem with recusing himself from a vote if there is an obvious conflict of interest.

As for Sproxet, I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure Sproxet is a full-time team member so he would not be eligible for the position.

1 Like

I don’t doubt thats the case. I would just however be cautious regarding community ‘perception’.

Sproxet is actually a part time contributor/contractor and runs their own company. Past two months they worked with a different project but is now resuming work with us and one other project (not affiliated to us) now.

You can take a look at the GitHub activity to confirm this but yes they are listed as a developer for the core team so I understand if people are hesitant. Note that the core team is rather a loose definition as we do not operate with a legal entity and therefore list significant and regular contributors on the team page. There used to be a Zcoin Foundation Ltd registered in Singapore we used for software signing certificates but as we couldn’t open a bank account without significant funds, we decided to discontinue it and it’s basically a shell with no economic activity. Leave it to the community to decide if they are okay with the nomination.

My personal experience with Sproxet is that they are one of the few people with both the experience of software development and also knowledge of zk proofs and therefore would be a valuable addition in the technical area. Sproxet has also been a huge supporter of the project and charges the core team a massively discounted rate because they believe in our project and enjoys working with the core team.

3 Likes

Yes at the end of the day, especially as Diego works closely with me (though his company may work with many other projects), may be seen as a conflict of interest though he would be barred from voting in any matter that involves his company even if accepted.

The bigger issue is whether the community would view Diego’s involvement as a proxy of the core team (which isn’t the case TBH) but I understand the perception.

2 Likes

who you are,

Been a community member that likes the privacy tech and mission statement of Firo for years dating back to about a little bit before Zcoin released master nodes and you could park your zcoins on Satang Pro exchange for master node shared rewards before Binance was doing it.

I would help answer questions in chat rooms here seldomly but would try and encourage email campaigns to Bitrefill to accept Firo. Been a holder of multiple master nodes for years and recently last year got into mining where I mine other coins and buy Firo with some. I donate some my rewards to the fundraising efforts over the years leading into the current audits. When Indonesia was one of the few on ramps to Firo with Fiat and the earthquake in Lombok happened, I wanted to get donations in to help people on the ground because it is always a good look if Firo is being used for good.

why you think you should be a CFC member?:

I want to see Firo succeed and get adopted across the board. Firo I think have the tech that respects privacy and just probably need a strong story.

What you would like to see the community fund used for?

I would like the community fund to address pressing matters like the Cryptographic and Code audits. Then after those are in the books and goes well then I would at least like to see it used for providing liquidity in DEXs and possibly the popular CEX that people in general are using.

6 Likes

Now let’s refrain from aligning ourselves to the project and make it to do nothing with the community.

Nothing personal but Reuben I see both rehrar and his friend nomination as conflict of interest.

Btw, rehrar did you get paid to do the things you listed you did or you did it for free? If you did them for free ok but if you got paid not to spoil your flex but many of the things you did I could of did it myself if I got paid.

Giving voice to close allies to the project for me is definitely a Red flag. Reuben let’s finally involve the community and not close allies.

1 Like

Sure I get the issue and see the bad optics so not going to champion one way or another as I see him as an asset to the CFC but also see the conflict of interest so maybe best for @rehrar not to run.

While @rehrar was paid for many things, he also did many things for free as well and really helped me out.

To be fair @sproxet works quite independently from us through his entity Signal Eleven.

The main reason I would be concerned is if the CFC was devoid of anyone with technical or a software development background to evaluate proposals / milestone payments especially one that has been loyal to the project over the years (not in terms of hodling but also in terms of contribution and activity). I hope there are other candidates.

4 Likes

I second this, I think someone with dev knowledge would be invaluable.

I’ll nominate myself contingent that I don’t have to be doxxed at some point as I value my privacy.

3 Likes

I have added several other details in my original post and also gave some suggestions on some ground rules to prevent abuse of the community fund.

1 Like

No one has to be doxxed.

1 Like

It definitely would be nice to have representation among the Chinese speaking community but would you be able to follow the discussion/meeting and debates if they are held in English?

There will be a live interview (that can be done over text/online meeting) that will be done for nominees. The transcripts/logs of these interviews will be made public.

The purpose of this interview is to ensure they meet the minimum requirements and also to give greater transparency to the wider Firo community into the nominee.

Things that would be asked would be mainly talking about why they’re believers of Firo, their understanding of certain aspects of the tech, a little more about who they are (no requirement to DOX) and their vision on how the fund would be utilized.

Proof of being an active part of the Firo community for at least a year may be requested for those not recognized.

9 Likes

My name is Ryan and I live in Indonesia, South East Asia. I am sharing what I read and know in Firo Indonesia community, and also an admin in the group. I studied business and economics, and now working in a company in Indonesia that is doing business in the blockchain field as well. I graduated cum-laude in university but I actually were very stupid in high school. I was ranked 30 out of 30 student in my class in senior high school.

I think with my average brain capacity supported by my education and professional background, understanding of the space and the community, and also critical thinking ability (I was an English debater and was at a national level league in college), I believe I have the basic competency of being a CFC member. In addition, I also participated in many ICO so I know how to evaluate things. OmiseGo was my first ICO and I have gathered more experience after that as well. Oh yes and I also run Firo masternodes.

I would like to see the community fund used for the creation of a variety of additional sustainable product or feature or anything that could enable Firo community to do value creation on it. And it will be good if the efforts is also enhance the decentralization scale of our network, but not mandatory.

14 Likes

Lol love your intro. Ryan has helped the Indonesian community grow a lot!

6 Likes

I nominate RyanApeFiro

3 Likes

Hi all,

A few folks reached out and asked if I’d be interested in coming onboard to the CFC. So, hi! :wave:

I’m OhGodAGirl. I’m a long-time cryptocurrency contributor, currently working on a few things, including GPU and FPGA optimization of ZKP circuits (previously MARLIN, now PLONK as of six days ago), and the revitalization of a older L1 protocol and community. You can check out what else I’m working on here, although I’m quite bad at keeping my LinkedIn up to date (also, some work sits under alts).

Some of you know me from FiroPoW; some of you know me as that hardware nerd; and some of you might have caught me recently on Voskcoin’s latest video, alongside Reuben. I’m a major privacy and pseudonymity advocate, with a passion for the former deepening during my time in China and Ukraine. I believe FIRO’s technology and contributions are critical to the sphere of research shared by ZCash, Monero, MINA and others.

I’m able to bring proven product and engineering experience to the CFC, as well as my experience with both venture funds and community funds (both good and bad, so I can advise on what to do…and what not to do). I’m pretty far removed from FIRO (as in, not an active contributor to the protocol), which means I’ll be able to bring a degree of skepticism and pessimism to proposals and balance that with an outsiders perspective.

I’m not great about talking about myself…so, uh, yeah. That’s me. I guess. ^^

Also, don’t tell anyone, but I don’t forum good.

18 Likes

Hi,

I’m sproxet. I’ve been involved with the Firo project since the very beginning (promoting the upcoming implementation of the Zerocoin protocol before the code was published) and helped admin the group during the early years. Later on I’ve been involved with the development of Firo quite a bit. While I can’t say I’m entirely independent of the core direction of Firo, I have been involved with a lot of other stuff simultaneously, including writing ZK circuits and Solidity contracts. I have pretty extensive experience in the anonymity space, going back to my interest in private communications protocols prior to the existence of cryptocurrency. I think I’d bring a strong technical background, with a good ability to discern the technical value of a proposal and to estimate the difficulty of achieving the proposed goal. I can say that I’m generally hostile to the sort of nepotistic community funds many other projects have set up and will try to avoid that sort of corruption in our own, but it’s up to you to decide whether that claim is credible or sufficient to counterbalance any concerns you might have regarding my involvement with core development.

Thanks for your consideration

15 Likes

我的英文很差,还在学习中。 还是很希望加入并且加强学习!

5 Likes

@devwarrior Perhaps you’d like to throw your hat in the ring?

1 Like