Final Poll on Firo Block Reward Division

Interesting, thank you.

If I understand your text correctly, this seems perfectly compatible with my estimate of 28% masternodes at allnodes (because a large part, the 33%, does not mean all).It’s far cry from the “over 80%” hashrate concentrated at 2Miners for miners.

Yeh I agree, I think there should be research to allow for home hosting solutions at some point.
Apparently this is not a trivial thing to implement though… so probably not something to do right now.

1 Like

A raspberry pi will run a masternode just fine.
The problem with hosting at home is the network connection. If the nodes could use onion addresses networking would not be a problem.

Hmm I hadn’t thought of onion addresses, sounds interesting. Do onion addresses add much latency or other trade off’s?

some latency yes. but with an onion address, the onion would do the routing.

I’m not sure if I’m typical, but I have for instance a mac mini plugged into my TV, used solely for watching stuff. It’s connected to the internet approximately 99.99% of the time.

Personally I’d really like to use that to host nodes.

I could also be very censorship resistant. Right now with energy shocks in Germany and the rest of Europe… It’s not hard to imagine governments coming after consumers who use a lot of energy. A node on the other hand has a low energy footprint.

It would be interesting to know how much it would affect a nodes function. If it added only 0.5 seconds to transaction time or something, that maybe a good trade off?

It would be great if a few of us could try it on testnet.

1 Like

Hosting the masternodes at home would be ideal: the problem is the fixed (really fixed) IP address.
If an onion address allows you to host masternodes at home, that would be really perfect (and adding IP privacy).

Yes the onion does the routing auto-magically. It would be worth a try. On testnet first.

4 Likes

This is also partly my thinking also. However I think there is a lot that can be done with community fund, to build sustainable growth.

2 Likes

So I’m glad an option for 10% fund is doing well.
In the future though, perhaps something like.

• :pick:20% | :policeman:50% | :family:15% | :technologist:15%

Looong term, nodes will add to the bear cycle, especially after halving’s.
If we can cement our place in the crypto ecosystem by then, I don’t think it’l matter too much, as the community would still be confident about Firo’s future.

1 Like

have a nice life, protocol flip-floppers

Asic would be my preference.

If we are only mining via GPu(100%) then the mining can be 100% centralize, same goes for MN, however if we distribute mining lets say 50/50 between miners and MN it becomes more difficult for entities to 100% capture the entire mining network. 50/50 between miners and MN is as decentralized as it gets in my view. However given the choices 30/50/5/15 would be best. Though I’d take another 5% from master nodes and give it to the community fund because I do believe it to be a valuable asset to the Firo community going forward.

I much prefer the proposed distribution of Reburn favoring 35/40/10/15.

“I personally don’t think rewarding masternodes overly is the way to go and would have preferred something like”

:pick:35% | :policeman:40% | :family: 10% | :technologist:15%

2 Likes

Faster block propagation is definitely a step in the right direction. Private, secure, and fast currency.

1 Like

I think :pick:25% | :policeman:50% | :family: 10% | :technologist:15% is a good moderate choice.
It will let us examine what effect adjusting the tap and sink will have on price. Mining is pretty much 100% price suppression if not hodl’d. While nodes have to first invest in a large sum upfront pushing price up, before they can then dump anything.
If this desired result occurs then mining hashrate will increase with price anyway.

Also I think the community fund being 10% could add much more value to Firo than miner reward getting an extra 5%.
And again more value in FIro, means more hashpower and security.

5 Likes

It’s also quite telling that the MN’s didn’t just vote for the highest MN rewards.
The difference between MN poll options getting 50% or 60% is markedly different in this poll with the new options compared to the previous poll.

Kind of dispels some of the charges from critics of the previous poll, that it was a bunch of MN’s voting purely for greed.

2 Likes

1,Open SOLO-mining on the Firo-QT wallet (like solo-mining on Bitcoin-QT wallet in the earliest days of Bitcoin);Really Hardcore FIRO-fans like me can mine at home ,even if i can’t mine anything. I like run Firo-QT wallet 24 hours a day just like run Bitcoin-core wallet 24/7 at my home computer, decentralization at home.
2,Develop one-click-setting masternodes fuction on the Firo-QT wallet. Really Hardcore FIRO-fans like me can easy decentralization at home.

Just like SETI@HOME (Run by fans alone for 21 years) ,even if all miners leave, we can stell succeed ,we could run FIRO@HOME
@reuben

3 Likes