AllNodes: hosting prices doubling!

This is the doomloop I’m looking to avoid.

2 Likes

In my opinion, if the Firo price reaches the 10 - 15 dollar range, this amount will not affect it much. because it is an investment tool.

1 Like

Indeed, and the problem is it has been since September 2021 that FIRO has reached $10 to $15, and even that was a peak that did not last. You have to go back to 2018 to find FIRO’s price roughly stable at these levels.
So, while waiting for these amounts (in how long, if it’s happens again), AllNodes is extorting us by taking between half and soon (after the halving) the entire masternode earnings.

1 Like

FYI
I switched all my nodes to nodehub.io
So far all been great. No pose issues etc.

2 Likes

runonflux.io .$5 per month can run 3 nodes

Has it been reliable?

1 Like

The masternode IP address on runonflox.io will change, so it is necessary to frequently execute the protx update_service command (sometimes once a day), otherwise the node can easily become POSEBANNDE. However, its cost is indeed much lower than allnodes.com and others, making it suitable for people who can access the internet every day.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you lose your queue? I thought they fixed the masternode IP issue already.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.
The site seems inaccessible (“DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE” error message)

Edit:
Error found: your link was on “runonflox.io” instead of “runonflux.io”, I see that you corrected it in your first message, thank you.

1 Like
3 Likes

pecunia

1 Like

nodehub.io has been perfect for almost 50 days now since switching.

3 Likes

@Fiendish Are you using dedicated or cloud plan with nodehub?

1 Like

I used dedicated plan. $0.13 a day.

2 Likes

@nrsimha : Cloud plan is not available with FIRO in nodehub, only dedicated.
All my nodes are working fine too, since my migration in april and may.

2 Likes

I have one node there now. Was very smooth to add it and website looks nice.

3 Likes

Although Allnodes have at least double price compare with other services it seems they are not so up to date as they still use older Firo version 0.14.13.2 while other services updated to latest already few days ago.

I used Allnodes from their beta, but there is no justification to stay with them anymore after double price jump.

3 Likes

Is the migration process simple? is there a walkthrough? I use ledger with firo electrum.

For the migration you have to know your your collateral TxID (public information) and your BLS key.
If you haven’t your BLS key, you have to choose the other way : the installation, like a new masternode.

2 Likes

Request the bls privkey from allnodes. On evoznode.com there is an option to migrate from other providers just by pasting the bls privkey. Everything else is automatic and requires no further action from you besides topping up account balance.

3 Likes